The Hot Bodies D815 V2 1/8 Off Road Competition Buggy Kit adds key features based on extensive testing and racing by the HB Team Drivers and designers. The D815 V2 is faster, more adjustable, and easier to drive.
The D815 V2 includes not one, but TWO chassis plates! You will receive the standard chassis, as well as an extended chassis in the box. The extended chassis adds 4mm of length to the rear of the car which allows a longer wheelbase (up to the maximum regulation) and shifts the overall center of gravity for more stability, especially on high-speed corners. Ty Tessmann and most of the HB drivers have switched to this longer chassis. An extended rear drive shaft (necessary when using the extended chassis), and the popular high wing mount are also included.
Carbon fiber plates for the suspension have been included to help racers tune their D815 V2 to track conditions. The extra tuning adjustments are often a key ingredient to winning at the track. They‘re not just for going fast, they make the car more predictable and easier to drive consistently, which ultimately makes for better race results.
And the best part? These option parts have been added without increasing the cost of the kit! World Champion performance, the D815 V2 from HB Racing is ready to win.
“The D815V2 kit comes with more of the tuning options that I use on today’s high speed tracks, to make the car even faster.”
– Ty Tessmann, HB Racing Team Driver, IFMAR World Champion
Notes from the D815 V2 designer, Torrance Deguzman:
D815 V2 Features:
- Chassis extended +4mm: The extended chassis adds 4mm of length to the rear of the car which allows a longer wheelbase (up to the maximum regulation) and slightly shifts the overall center of gravity for more stability, especially on high-speed corners. [Ty Tessmann and most of the HB drivers have switched to this longer chassis.]
- Drive shaft +4mm: An extended rear drive shaft, necessary when using the #115153 extended chassis.
- Rear Hub carrier #5: From extensive testing our team drivers found that this hub carrier camber link plate provides the best overall rear traction. The camber link position available on the #5 hub carrier plate works in conjunction with other suspension geometry setups that our drivers have developed.
- Carbon plate front, #111742 Carbon plate rear: These carbon plates increase the torsional stiffness of the suspension arms, which gives the car a more forgiving feeling at the limit, especially on high-speed and high-traction corners. It also gives the car a more predictable sliding characteristic at the limit, which the driver can easily manage instead of a sudden loss of traction.
- Ackerman plate #4: The #4 Ackerman plate provides a lower degree of Ackerman angle which gives the car more all-around steering, which is useful when you have a very stable rear-end setup or when the track layout has high traction, or has many tight 180 degree corners.
- Wing mount set: The high wing mount positions the wing 10mm higher than the low wing mount version, putting the wing in less turbulent air flow which helps produce more downforce.
- Includes standard and 3mm 7075 aluminum + 4mm chassis
- Upgraded central drivetrain with CVD boots
- 43/13 diff gear ratio with lightweight gears
- Split center bulkhead
- Sintered brake pads & metal rotors
- One-piece radio tray fits most LiPo
- Aluminum arm blocks
- Hinge pin inserts
- HB monocoque suspension arms
- Threaded outer hinge pins
- Sway bars front and rear
- Lightweight spur gear
- Lightweight diff outdrives and center inputs
- Rubber CVD boots
- Lightweight front aluminum axles
- Racing fuel tank with stone filter clunk
- Steel skid plate
- Lightweight Pro-Line polycarbonate rear wing
- Rear upright design
- Carbon graphite rear hub carrier arms
- Aluminum servo saver arm
- Protective boots on central drivetrain
- One-piece lightweight wing mount
- Aluminum caster blocks with extra hole wing
- Aluminum steering blocks with carbon graphite steering arms
- Stand-up servo mounting
- Enclosed radio box
- Composite chassis braces
- Steel turnbuckles
- Big bore threaded coil over shocks
- Lightweight aluminum shock towers
- Pro-Line Type-R clear buggy body
- Tuning options include: steering blocks, arm blocks, steering arms, rear hub carrier arms, sway bars, shock springs and more.
NOTE: Information is limited at this time. Additional information will be added when available.
This product was added to our catalog on July 14, 2016