Fantom Racing FR-1 v3R Works Plus Edition Pro Spec Brushless Motor (17.5T)
The Fantom FR-1 v3R 17.5 Works Plus Edition Pro Spec Brushless Motors are built to strict quality standards, which includes properly shimming the rotor, a complete evaluation of the coils, rotor strength, asymmetry, and sensor board deviation to match strict tolerances. The timing is also set to Fantom's recommended setting. Coil resistance, rotor strength, and dyno results included! All Team Edition motors are guaranteed to meet Fantom's strict specifications!
Works Plus motors are built with all available options. This includes ABEC 7 hybrid ceramic bearings and Teflon shims to further enhance performance. Additionally, the pro aluminum timing clamp, pro aluminum stator screws, and pro aluminum timing clamp screws are used, with all test results printed and included. This is as good as it gets!!
The heart of the v3 FR-1 Series motors are the highest quality stators and rotors. Fantom stators are made from premium grade Kawasaki steel from Japan. The improved v3 stator design provides super low ohms resistance, while at the same time providing more POWER and RPM, as well as better efficiency! In addition, all v3's are outfitted with improved super-high strength "Ultra Select" premium grade neodymium rotors, for extreme horsepower and superior fade resistance!
Why settle for just an all-purpose motor when you can have a motor designed to fit your exact application! Whether you race On-Road or Off-Road, 1S or 2S...Fantom has you covered! Choose your weapon!
- v3R recommended for vehicles weigh 1700 grams or less
- All R&D Done In The USA
- Redesigned Rotor
- Redesigned Stator Designed From The Ground Up
- Redesigned Super High Strength & Heat Resistant Magnet Formula
- Redesigned Sensor Board Design for Improved Deviation Accuracy
- Redesigned Venting Designed to Maximize Heat Dissipation
- ROARŽ Approval Pending (estimated by 9/15)
- Premium Grade KawasakiŽ Steel Stator Plates
- Maximum Size Allowed, Pure Copper Wire for Lowest Resistance Possible
- High-Power / Low Resistance, Thick Copper, Gold Plated Solder Lugs & Collector Ring
- CNC Machined Billet T6 Aluminum End Plates for Precision Bearing Alignment
- Infinite Adjustable Timing
- High RPM Precision Bearings
This product was added to our catalog on September 5, 2017.
As far as the motor goes its a beast. Lighter, 10 grams lighter than the V2, runs cooler, about 15-25 degrees F depending on grip of the surface, pulls harder and brakes harder than any other 17.5 motor I have ever ran. The braking action of the motor is much smoother than any other motor and keeps the car straight and allows you to dive into corners deeper due to the better controlled braking. It was recommended to me that you have to gear these motors at least 2-3 teeth lower than the earlier versions. You will still have the same or better top speed when geared correctly and this allows the motor to pull harder out of the corners. This motor is the best 17.5 and 13.5 motors I have purchased.)