E-flite PT-17 PNP Electric Biplane Airplane (1100mm)
The First Ride of Fighter Aces
Every WWII allied fighter ace got their start somewhere. Chances are, most started off in a PT-17. Simple, tough and made by the thousands, both the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy used the biplane for its admirable ability to help new pilots survive the basics and master the art of flight, all in the shortest amount of time possible. The E-flite® PT-17 1.1m electric park flyer replicates the most iconic trainer of WWII with exquisite detail and the kind of performance that makes scale flying the way it should be—simple, fun and without compromise.
The E-flite PT-17 1.1m has everything you could ask for in a classic biplane. First and foremost is the period-correct 7-cylinder dummy radial engine, complete with intricate ignition and exhaust details. The Navy-inspired trim scheme is highlighted with wing rib and fuselage frame work accented with accessory and paneling detail. Shock-absorbing action of the aluminum struts add functional authenticity you’ll appreciate during touchdowns and rolling over grass. While it’s easy to be overwhelmed by the scale complexity, getting this beauty in the air requires less effort than you might think. Field assembly features a quick-release wing mounting system, which means no tools are required. Even battery installation is simple through the large magnetic top hatch that accommodates a wide range of 3S LiPo batteries. Unlike the modestly equipped full-scale original, a 15-size brushless outrunner motor delivers ample thrust so you can perform sport aerobatics or just cruise the horizon with power to spare.
- U.S. Navy Inspired Replica: The vivid yellow trim scheme was inspired by the initial aircraft delivered to the U.S. Navy around 1942. Designated the N2S, it was identical to the PT-17 flown by the U.S. Army. Construction with durable EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail in a lightweight form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and allows the most satisfying flight experience possible to shine through.
- Outstanding Realism: Out of the box, you only need to fasten six screws. At the field, no tools are needed to install the one-piece wings designed with a quick-release system that makes biplane assembly super simple.
- Fast Assembly: Out of the box, you only need to fasten six screws. At the field, no tools are needed to install the one-piece wings designed with a quick-release system that makes biplane assembly super simple.
- Brushless Power System: The power system features a 15-size brushless, 850Kv outrunner and a 40-amp ESC that when combined with your 2200mAh 3S 25C Li-Po battery delivers outstanding thrust.
- Shock-Absorbing Landing Gear: The shock-absorbing action of the aluminum struts coupled to concealed spring-steel wire combines with the large scale wheels to add functional authenticity you’ll appreciate during touchdowns and while rolling over grass.
- Plug-N-Play Finish: The Plug-N-Play completion level means that the ideal electric motor system and servos you need to enjoy the full potential of this PT-17 are already installed. All you have to do is perform the final glue-free assembly, and connect your favorite full-range, 4+ channel radio system. In fact, most pilots can have this model flight-ready in the time it takes to install a receiver and charge a battery.
- A park-size scale flight experience with sporty performance
- Vivid U.S. Navy inspired trim scheme
- Goes together fast—only 6 screws required for initial assembly
- Durable construction with lightweight EPO foam
- Tool-free field assembly features a quick-release wing mounting system
- Realistic detail includes a dummy radial engine and pilot figure
- Shock-absorbing landing gear with authentic appearance
- Powerful 15-size brushless motor and 40A ESC installed
- Large, easy-access battery hatch with magnetic closure
- Simple 4-channel control with 4 micro servos installed
- Ideal for use with 2200–3000mAh 3S 11.1V LiPo packs
Wingspan: 1130 mm (44.6 in)
Overall Length: 850 mm (33.5 in)
Wing Area: 643.2 Sq in (41.5 Sq Dm)
Flying Weight: 51.2 oz (1450 grams)
Motor Size: 15BL Outrunner
Radio: 4 channel
Recommended Battery: 3 cell 2200mAh Li-Po
Experience Level: Intermediate
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
- (1) E-flite PT-17 PNP Basic Airplane
- (1) E-flite 15-Size, 850Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (1) E-flite 40A Brushless ESC
- (4) Spektrum A330 Micro, 9 Gram Servos
- (1) User Manual
Needed To Complete:
- Full-range, 4+ Channel Transmitter
- Full-range, 4+ Channel Receiver
- 2200–3000mAh 3S LiPo flight battery
- 3S compatible LiPo charger
This product was added to our catalog on September 5, 2017.