E-flite ICON A5 BNF Basic Electric Airplane w/AS3X
This discount coupon only applies to: $30 off Select Planes
Features at a Glance:
- Fast assembly
- Officially licensed by ICON Aircraft
- Spektrum AS3X® receiver with optional SAFE® Select technology
- Integrated hull with removable landing gear
- Detailed cockpit with pilot figure
- Durable Z-Foam airframe
- Factory-installed brushless motor, ESC and servos
- Optional nose light set (sold separately)
- Officially Licensed by ICON Aircraft: The officially licensed airframe and trim scheme are based that of the full-scale aircraft.
- AS3X® Receiver with Optional SAFE6® Select Technology: The AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) receiver works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a larger, expertly tuned aircraft. If you’re new to flying off the water or want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you have the option of enabling SAFE Select features like self-leveling and angle limits. No programming is required. All you do is change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual. If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select technology, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver. You can even fine-tune its AS3X settings if you have the Spektrum programming interface and a compatible programming cable (both available separately).
- Integrated Hull with Removable Landing Gear: One of the distinguishing features of the ICON A5 is its integrated hull and Seawings design that makes water takeoffs and landings remarkably easy. The model’s hull has been designed so that it not only looks realistic but provides the same pilot-friendly handling on the water as the full-scale version. If there’s no water around but you have a suitable patch of pavement, bolt-on landing gear with a steerable nose wheel is included so you can fly almost anywhere.
- Big Battery Hatch with Cockpit Details: The entire cockpit section is magnetically secured and easily removed for unfettered access to the model’s spacious battery compartment. The cockpit itself boasts a tinted windshield, painted pilot figure, seatbacks and an instrument panel.
- Durable Z-Foam™ Airframe: The airframe is constructed of tough Z-Foam material that is inherently water resistant and can handle the demands of amphibious flying.
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
CG (Center of Gravity): (30-35mm) back from the leading edge of the wing
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly
Flying Weight: 44.4 oz (1260g)
Landing Gear: Yes
Length: 34.5 in (875mm)
Minimum Required Radio: 4 channel
Minimum Speed Control: 30A Brushless ESC (included)
Motor Size: 480-size 960Kv brushless outrunner (installed)
Propeller Size: 9 x 8
Recommended Motor Battery: 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 30C
Servos: 4 total (installed)
Wingspan: 52.5 in (1330mm)
Needed to Complete:
- Requires a full-range 4+ channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- Requires a 2200mAh 3S LiPo battery with an EC3™ connector and charger
This product was added to our catalog on August 29, 2016.