The Sidewinder Micro 2 1/18th Scale Brushless ESC boasts updated circuitry and added functionalities. Castle engineers are committed to taking full advantage of advancements in component quality and continuous improvements in software design. As a result, we are thrilled to introduce the Sidewinder Micro 2. The Sidewinder Micro 2 is perfect for 1/18th scale 2WD vehicles and smaller 4WD (up to 2 lbs.) such as the Team Associated RC18B2 or Dromida SC4 SCT.
Sidewinder Micro 2 Features:
- Improved BEC Functionality - Now adjustable: 5.5V or 7.5V
- Improved Audible Alerts - The ability to diagnose and resolve problems in the field are made easy as this ESC will communicate with audible tones when certain conditions are present. Alerts are present for start fail, voltage cutoff, radio glitch, over-temperature, over-current and excessive load detections.
- Improved Startup - Updated circuitry and refined software makes for ultra-smooth starts!
- Link Live functionality added - Link Live is a way for the controller to communicate power system information to an external device. This feature, when enabled, will allow users to experience real-time telemetry data such as battery voltage, ESC temperature, motor power output and battery ripple. Compatibility with the Futaba S.BUS® T4PX transmitter is coming soon (Requires purchase of Castle S.BUS2 Telemetry Link)
- Transmitter Programming - Manual programming settings include Brake/Reverse Type, Voltage Cutoff, Brake Amount, Drag Brake and Motor Type.
- Castle Link Programming - With the purchase of Castle Link USB device, you will have access to the full programming suite of adjustable settings that tune and tweak your vehicle to your preferences, resulting in an incredible driving experience! Click here for the full list of Castle Link Sidewinder Micro 2 settings.
- Firmware Updates - With the purchase of Castle Link USB device, you will have access to all firmware updates, including added feature sets released from Castle Engineering at no charge.
Input voltage: 2S-3S LiPo, 4-9 cell NiMH
BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V or 7.5V (2A Peak), default 5.5V
Size: ~22mm x 38mm
Weight (w/wires): ~26g
Connector Type: The Sidewinder Micro 2 has 3.5mm bullet connectors on the motor wires and the battery input wires are bare. You must add the connector of your choice to the battery leads. We recommend a high current connector rated for at least 40 amps.
This product was added to our catalog on March 3, 2016