Blade Helis UM F-27 FPV BNF Basic Race Wing w/SAFE
The Blade Ultra Micro F-27 FPV BNF Basic wing brings the excitement of FPV wing flying in a size that can be flown practically anywhere. Its lightweight Z-Foam™ airframe features impressive durability to handle bumps or bruises. Take advantage of built-in AS3X stabilization and SAFE technology for the comfort of envelope protection and self-leveling for a confidence-inspiring flight experience. The high-output brushless motor accepts 2S Li-Po batteries to suit mild or wild flying styles, and the 150mW VTX provides crisp, clear video in any environment. Bind-N-Fly Basic completion level means all you have to do is simply add a 2S 280mAh battery and bind it to a compatible Spektrum transmitter.
- SAFE Technology Equipped Fight Modes: The F-27 is equipped with Horizon Hobby’s revolutionary flight control software, SAFE Technology, allowing you to control your flight experience at the flick of a switch. The F-27 is outfitted with multiple flight modes making wing racing easy even for the first time pilot.
- Launch Mode: Provides self-leveling and a 10-degree rate of climb at full throttle. This makes launching a wing less difficult even if you are already in the FPV goggles. Just toss like a paper airplane and add full throttle. SAFE technology takes care of the rest. No more awkward launches ending in a crash.
- Experienced Mode: Gives the pilot full control of the aircraft for high-speed racing and only stabilized with AS3X.
- 150 mW Video Transmitter: The F-27 is equipped with the Spektrum 150mW video transmitter which is miniscule in size and more than enough for FPV exploring.
- 170 Degree Wide Angle FPV Lens: The camera is equipped with a wide angle lens allowing you to see the next obstacle with ease.
- Brushless Motor Power: The 3000Kv brushless motor onboard delivers blisteringly fast speeds and is mounted to a fast disconnect mount allowing you to upgrade your motor in the field.
- Indoor and Outdoor Capable: The size and flight characteristics of the F-27 give it the ability to be flown outdoors in spaces like backyards, smaller parks, and even indoor spaces like a basketball gym. SAFE technology and the brushless power system also allow this wing to handle light winds outside without issue.
- Magnet Hatch: Quick-disconnect magnet hatch makes accessing the video transmitter and electronics, and swapping a battery quick and simple.
- Linear Servos: High-torque micro linear servos drive the elevons for locked in control. Guards over the servo linkages provide increased aerodynamics and durability in a crash.
- SAFE Technology with Optional Flight Envelope Protection
- Advanced AS3X Technology Delivers Rock-Solid Flight handling
- Powerful 150mW VTX video (25mW for EU)
- 2S LiPo Capable
- 170 Degree Wide Angle FPV Lens
- 3000Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- Durable Z-Foam™ Construction
- Rapid Response Linear Servos
- Fully-Assembled with No Building Required
Wingspan: 17.0 in (432mm)
Flying Weight: 76g
CG (center of gravity): 67mm from motor mount
Prop Size: 3.75x3
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: No
- Blade UM F-27 FPV
- BL180 3000Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- Flight Controller
- Spektrum 150mW Video Transmitter
- Spektrum FPV Camera
- User Manual
Needed To Complete:
- 4+ Channel transmitter with Spektrum DSM2/DSMX technology
- FPV Monitor or Headset
- 280mAh 2S 7.4V 30C LiPo Flight Battery
- 2S Balance Plug Charger Adapter, UMX to EFL
- Suitable Charger
This product was added to our catalog on August 18, 2017.
I crash landed it three time and still went home with it in one piece. One thing you should be aware of is that the fuselage cover is held on by a magnet. So if you crash, it will fly off the plane and you will have to find it. I think I'm going to make some kind of tether and fix it to the body so I don't lose it. I flew this by line of sight and have not flown with my FPV googles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXtgpxg97fc
Note: When installing the battery the plane must be level and held still for 10 seconds for the ESC to initialize properly.)