Axial Racing "Yeti XL" 1/8th 4WD Ready-to-Run Electric Monster Buggy w/2.4GHz Radio
- BIG POWER, UNDER CONTROL: The Yeti XL™ is powered by a Castle Creations 2200KV 4-pole Vanguard XL brushless motor and it's equipped with the industry’s first 8th scale solid rear axle with an independent front suspension [IFS] chassis system. Everything's kept under control by massive 20mm aluminum shock bodies that house Big Bore 16™ (16mm) pistons on beefy 4mm shock shafts which help maintain high speed stability when running through a wide variety of terrain.
- AR60 XL™: The AR60 XL™ solid rear axle is constructed from high strength composite material which has a low flex rate but is not as brittle as standard glass filled nylon. An added reinforced axle truss strengthens the rear axle by reducing flex and by distributing the force of potentially damaging impacts. The combination of these axles and a true 4-link suspension gives you optimal performance for any terrain with the look of a real 1:1 vehicle. Maintenance is easy - simply remove four screws to access the rear differential.
- 2200KV BRUSHLESS MOTOR, WATERPROOF: The Axial Yeti XL™ is powered by a Castle Creations 2200KV 4-pole brushless motor which provides unimaginable amounts of power, amazing torque and blazing-speed.
- WB XL CVJ REAR DRIVESHAFT: This design uses less parts for a stronger, more durable and tighter fit. While this is a more compact design, it uses larger diameter bearings to keep the input gear stable under heavy power. Axial has continually developed their plastic driveshafts and has taken this accumulative knowledge and put it into this beefy driveshaft. The composite material was specifically chosen for it's resistance to heat and the ability to withstand direct impact.
- Less slop = less driveline clunk with instant power transfer
- Captured cross pin design for more durability and easy maintenance, no set screws to lose
- Increased surface area at the connection between the ball joint and the composite drive shaft
- All-METAL / HI-LO TRANSMISSION: The Yeti XL™ features an all metal gear transmission specifically designed for this chassis, along with CNC cut metal gears in both the front and rear differentials. With all metal internal gears, this full ball bearing transmission has the strength to endure the harshest rock racing environment and brushless power. The factory gearbox comes as a single speed with the high gear installed for high speed fun and optional two-speed transmission components are available (not included). The integrated motor mount features a wide range of movement for endless gearing options.
- DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH: The dual slipper design uses an aluminum pad on each side of the spur gear which provides the right amount of slip for performance and heat resistance for durability. The all-metal spur gear features 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
- PROTECTIVE TRANSMISSION COVER: Helps keep dirt and debris out of your pinion and spur gear for a quiet and efficient drivetrain, and it also prevents any loose wires from getting damaged.
- CNC METAL CUT GEARS: Massive brushless power requires heavy duty drivetrain components. The Yeti XL™ features hardened steel CNC cut metal gears in both the front and rear differentials for the ultimate in strength and durability.
- WB XL CVJ PROP SHAFT: The rebuildable prop shaft delivers the power from the transmission to the front differential. The prop shaft features an all metal, super strong CVJ design and they're completely rebuildable.
- FRONT CVJ METAL UNIVERSALS: The front universals feature an all metal, super strong CVJ design and they're completely rebuildable. The benefit of a universal joint is an increased steering angle and precise fitment for an efficient driveline. The captured pin design allows for better reliability and easier maintenance.
- ALUMINUM CHASSIS BRACES: The Yeti XL™ features integrated upper and lower aluminum chassis braces to increase stiffness and durabilty.
- INDEPENDENT FRONT SUSPENSION (IFS): The Independent Front Suspension [IFS] system helps maintain high speed stability when running through a diverse range of terrain. The IFS system allows you to better control the intended direction of travel at high speeds when one side is adjusting to overcome road obstructions.
- BIG BORE 16™ SHOCKS: The suspension is controlled by massive 20mm aluminum shock bodies that house big bore 16mm pistons on beefy 4mm shock shafts to help maintain high speed stability when running through a diverse range of terrain. Precision machined Big Bore 16™ shocks are standard equipment and deliver smooth suspension movement for consistent handling.
- 4-LINKED REAR SUSPENSION: The Yeti XL™ features the massive AR60 XL™ solid rear axle with 4-linked rear suspension. The Yeti XL™ chassis offers multiple upper link positions to adjust the anti-squat.
- 3.8 RACELINE MONSTER WHEELS: Raceline is by far the most popular wheel for extreme off-road duty. Their ability to stand up to the abuse demanded by the full-size racer and their show quality finish is second to none. The officially licensed Raceline Monster gives the Yeti XL™ that authentic racing look as well as providing the strength to handle whatever you can dish out! Wheel Size: 96mm (3.8") diameter
- BFGOODRICH® KRAWLER™ T/A® KX TIRES: In the full-size off-road world, BFGoodrich® Krawler™ T/A® KX tires are the winner of more rock-crawling championships than all other tires combined (Race spec tire, Years 2004 through 2008). The Axial version of this tire captures the same aggressive look and provides awesome performance on a wide variety of surfaces. Tires: 74x184mm (2.9x7.25")
- METAL GEAR TACTIC SERVO, 151 oz-in, WATER RESISTANT: The included Tactic TSX45 metal gear servo is rated at 151 oz-in of torque for massive turning power and dual ball bearings provide smooth and precise movement for the metal gear train.
- EASY ACCESS BATTERY TRAY: Twin battery trays can be easily accessed by removing the two front body pins and pivoting the entire body up. Install or remove your batteries by removing the remaining body pins. Foam blocks are included to help keep the batteries in place.
- Battery tray dimensions:
- Length: 6.89in(175mm)
- Height: 1.3in (33mm)
- Width: 1.7in (43mm)
- VANGUARD AE-4 XL ESC, WATERPROOF: Developed by Castle Creation for Axial, the Vanguard ESC provides exceptional power, braking and adjustability. The ESC comes standard with Deans® Ultra Plugs® and can be programmed manually via Castle Field Programming Card or through the Castle Link software interface (optional - not included).
- EASY CHASSIS ACCESS: Pull two pins and pop the hood for complete access to chassis components.
- RECEIVER BOX, WATERPROOF: A waterproof receiver box is integrated into the bottom of the Yeti XL™ chassis. Three different silicone seals are included, one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover.
- 3-CHANNEL 2.4GHz RECEIVER: The AR-3 2.4 GHz receiver uses no crystals so you'll experience worry free driving with no frequency conflicts. This lightweight, compact, and bind button equipped receiver with LED indicator makes setup easy!
- 2.4GHz RADIO FOR WORRY-FREE DRIVING: The AX-3 2.4GHz transmitter is a two channel, pistol grip radio with servo reversing switches for steering and throttle, trim dials for fine tuning steering and throttle centers. The battery indicator light also lets you know when your transmitter batteries run low.
Length: 25.75in (654mm)
Width: 16.3in (414mm)
Height: 11.10in (282mm)
Wheelbase: 18.5in (470mm)
Ground Clearance: 2.48in (63mm)
Weight: 12.75lbs (5.78kg)
Motor: Brushless 2200KV 4 Pole Electric Motor
Radio: AX-3 2.4GHz transmitter
Servos: Tactic TSX45, 151 oz-in
ESC: Vanguard AE-4 XL
Needed to Complete:
- (2) 2S or 3S LiPo batteries w/Deans Ultra Plug style connector (Minimum 25C rating)
- LiPo Battery Charger
- AA Batteries for transmitter
This product is expected to arrive on Wednesday, May 31 2017.
Added a UCfab Dlux rear swaybar with the thickest torsion bar, Axial front swaybar...and titanium servo and steering rods and a Hitec 7954 servo.
With those few mods, this thing is an amazing controllable beast on 6s power.)
, buy this BEAST and enjoy it I ended up with both the RTR and the KIT that's how much I like this RC.)