Atlas Railroad HO 20,7000-Gallon Tank, Undecorated/Pipes
The new Atlas model of the 20,700 gallon tank car was introduced in the mid-Sixties by General American Transportation Corporation, more commonly known simply as GATX. The design is a general-purpose, non-insulated, non-pressure tank car. The Atlas model recreates two major saddle variations (Type 10 and Type 20) and two top platform variations (one- and two-piece). The more common products carried in this tank car were tallow, animal fat, fuel oil, diesel fuel, vegetable oil, soybean oil, fertilizers, lubricating oil, waste oil, and glycol.
- Detailed five section non-insulated body
- Two saddle versions (Type 10 or 20)
- Detailed top platform with two options (one or two-piece)
- A-end coil pipes where applicable
- See-through end walks
- Detailed brake gear and piping
- Mchenry double shelf couplers
- Correct lettering for prototype cars
This product was added to our catalog on July 28, 2015.