The 2017-18 IFMAR Off-Road 4WD Buggy World Champion!
Congratulations Ryan Maifield!
Yokomo's YZ-4 SF 4WD Buggy had the perfect debut at the 2017 IFMAR World Championships in Xiamen, China. Yokomo Factory Driver, Ryan Maifield, would drive his YZ-4 SF to victory and be crowned the 2017-18 IFMAR 4WD Buggy World Champion!
Since the release of hi-powered brushless motors, the YZ-2 SF has been carefully designed around this. With the motors anti-torque and vertical motor mount layout being a key factor in not causing an imbalance in steering. Now this shaft drive car can perform more aggressively while staying stable even through difficult jumps and cornering sections.
Of course, excellent throttle response is delivered by this unique shaft drive system while also remaining dirt/dust proof. The YZ-4 SF has been designed so that regular drive train maintenance is very easy.
The front and rear aluminum gear box's are sealed very well and the height of the bulkhead can be easily adjusted by exchanging the eccentric cam on both sides. Fine-tuning the differential position (the angle of the dog bone) against the height and suspension geometry is an important setting option which has a significant impact on the overall traction and cornering of the car. It's possible to match the various track conditions and driving styles to provide the perfect balance from the front to the rear of the car. This will prove to be a big advantage in fine tuning each set-up.
Also, the YZ-4 SF kit includes two types of front and rear shock springs. Both for low-grip surfaces such as dirt, along with high-grip surfaces such as carpet and astro. Front and rear stabilizer bars, along with gear differential oils are all included so each customer can select the ideal set-up for their specific surface. World Championship proven performance with the freedom to make multiple set-up changes allows you to drive the best in any off-road situation. This is the most advanced shaft drive 4wd off-road buggy on the market.
This SF kit is intended to be a "Factory" vehicle, including only the highest quality carbon fiber and aluminum alloy option parts available; typically not included.
- Shaft Drive 4wd System
- Aluminum Hard Anodized Main Chassis
- Multiple Springs for Dirt, Carpet, & Astro
- Stabilizer Bars & Differential Oils Included in Kits
- Big Bore X33 Super Low Friction Shock Absorbers
- Aluminum Front/Rear Bulkhead and Caps
- Graphite Carbon Front/Rear Shock Towers
- Front/Rear Gear Differential Box's with Adjustable Height Options
- Aluminum Suspension Mounts (Ability to Easily Change Geometry)
- New Front/Rear Suspension Arms and Steering Hub Carriers
- Lubricated Front/Rear Gear Differentials
- New Light Weight Designed Slipper Assembly (3 pad system)
- Aluminum/Carbon Graphite Floating Servo Mount
- JConcepts YZ-4 SF Clear Body & Wing
- 2-Channel radio system
- Electronic Speed Control
- 540 Motor
- Steering servo
- Saddle battery pack
- Compatible battery charger
- Polycarbonate paint for body
- 1/10 scale 4WD buggy tires
NOTE: Completed vehicle shown for illustrative purposes only and is not included.
This product was added to our catalog on December 6, 2017