Yokomo BD8 2018 1/10 Electric Touring Car Kit (Aluminum Chassis)
This is the Yokomo BD8 2018 Aluminum Chassis 1/10 Electric Touring Car Kit. Featuring an updated design of the main chassis and the upper deck, which greatly influence the characteristics of the chassis, remake the rigid balance which becomes the essence of the BD8 machine.
The updated front spool is a now a one-piece system. The housing and the pulley are molded together to reduce the weight and so the rotating mass. This will translate in a direct increase in overall performances, specifically acceleration.
The axles are made of highly durable polished steel for smooth running. There is also an option for alloy cups with plastic blades. This gives the flexibility of using either of the options based on different track conditions.
The front and rear hubs and steering blocks maintain the same geometry of the previous models however the material has been redesigned to increase the rigidity. This should offer improvements in general stability and driving precision. Clearly the strength of the parts has improved as well.
The rear end of the chassis has been updated along with the top deck to improve the rigidity and the overall balance. The main advantage has been the increase in rear traction which translates in higher corner speed.
The upper steering pivot balls have been changed from 4.3mm to 4.8mm. This is improving the rigidity and the overall strength of the car in case of crash. The test have also confirmed that this change increases traction well above expectations.
- Updated Center Aligned Front Belt System, the front belt now runs up the middle of the car which improves the carís balance as well as smoothness during on-power acceleration.
- 40T Pulley, increase more drive efficiency and optimize the chassis roll balance.
- Redesigned plastic pulley integrated front spool
- Redesigned large size rod end ball & open type boll end
- Capable for installing PCS Rod for more grip and acceleration.
- The redesigned aluminum chassis and carbon graphite upper deck
- The redesigned high rigid steering block and front and rear hub carrier
- Push inserted aluminum suspension mount has optimized for lower center gravity.
- Active road surface tracing designed motor mount
- Center mounting of heavier weight parts for higher driving performance.
- Low center gravity as well as high capacity at SLF short shock II
- Aluminum Servo mount is standard bundled
- Front double joint universal is standard bundled
- Composite belt tensioner is standard bundled
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel radio system
- Electronic Speed Control
- 540 Motor
- Steering servo
- 7.4V LiPo battery pack
- Compatible battery charger
- Touring car tires
- 190mm touring car body
- Polycarbonate paint for body
NOTE: Completed vehicle shown for illustrative purposes only and is not included.
This product was added to our catalog on November 13, 2017.