XRAY XB808E 2010 Spec Luxury 1/8 Electric Off-Road Buggy Kit
This is the XRAY XB808E 2010 Spec Luxury 1/8 Electric Off-Road Buggy Kit – the electric-powered version of the ultra-successful XB808. Designed for professional racers, the 808E features ultra-high performance parts, the finest quality materials, unmatched precision in manufacturing, and backed up with legendary XRAY support and service. The 808E is a professional race car delivered in kit form to let you select & install your own electronics. Supported by XRAY's dedication, passion, and heritage of performance, the 808E is ready to take you to the Winners Circle. It challenges you to take it to the edge and beyond… commanding you to take command of the pack. Drive it… race it… win.
XRAY 808E Features:
- Premium high-competition off-road electric-powered buggy
- Kit version only – for professional racers
- Based on the ultra-successful 808 platform, shares majority of parts
- Efficient Zero Kingpin suspension
- Strong, lightweight molded steering blocks with molded-in steel bushings
- Well-proven 808 suspension parts and geometry
- Ultra-low CG, all parts centralized in chassis
- Optimized front/rear and left/right weight balance for perfect jumping
- Pure racing design, highest-performance ultra-durable parts
- Ultra-lightweight high-tensile transmission parts hand-made from special world-renowned, top-secret, self-developed HUDY Spring Steel™
- Drivetrain includes 22 high-speed rubber-sealed bearings for maximum efficiency, speed, and durability
- Ultra-precision front/rear and center diffs with HUDY Spring Steel™ outdrives
- Pinions, spurs and crown gears manufactured by HUDY
- Optimized multiple upper/lower shock mounting locations for front and rear
- Exclusive adjustable turnbuckles from HUDY Spring Steel™
- Flexible suspension holders with integrated preset optimal suspension geometry
- High-tensile Swiss 7075 T6 hard-anodized chassis
- Ultra-strong inboard & outboard suspension pivot pins
- Direct Shaft Connection™ to the pinion gear
- Front & rear anti-roll bars
- Narrow servo saver and steering system
- Front & rear flexible composite brace
- Gearboxes with Labyrinth Dust Covers™
- Premium-grade graphite shock towers: 4mm extra-thick front & 3.5mm thick rear
- Big-bore over sized shocks for excellent handling on bumpy tracks and big jumps
- Threaded big-bore hard-anodized shock bodies
- Protective folding rubber shock boots for big-bore shocks, front & rear
- Ultra-low XRAY racing body
- XRAY Premium Shock Oils for perfect consistency
- Length: 490mm
- Chassis length: 400mm
- Wheelbase: 319~330mm
- Width: 308mm
- Weight: 1810g
- Approximate running weight: 3409g
- Chassis: CNC-machined Swiss 7075 T6 hard coated aluminum
- Radio tray: CNC-machined 2.5mm graphite
- Front upper deck: CNC-machined 2.5mm graphite
- Central diff upper deck: CNC-machined 2.5mm graphite
- Braces: Composite braces (front / rear)
- Suspension: Adjustable suspension with preset geometry
- Rear suspension: Lower H-arm with adjustable upper camber link
- Front suspension: Zero Kingpin suspension
- Rear upright: Composite with 3 roll center positions
- Shocks: 15.3mm big-bore machined aluminum threaded shock bodies hard coated with protective rubber folding shock boots, oil-filled coil-over with 3.5mm shafts
- Shock towers: Front 4.0mm graphite, rear 3.5mm graphite
- Type: Full-time shaft-drive 4WD w/ center differential
- Primary: Steel spur gear / clutch bell
- Drive shafts: HUDY Spring Steel™ CVD drive shafts
- Central shafts: HUDY Spring Steel™ Direct Connection Shafts™
- Differentials: Sealed, 6 gear, silicone-filled
- Bearings: Rubber-sealed
- Pinion: 10T front / rear
- Crown gear: 43T front / rear
- Pinion gear: 17T
- Spur gear: 42T
- Primary ratio: 4.3:1
- Final gear ratio: 10.62 (range of 10.37-14.22)
- Body: XRAY XB808E ultra-low profile body
- Tires: Not included
- Wheels: Not included, standard 17mm hub
- Standard adjustment: Camber, front toe-in, wheelbase, rear anti-squat, front and rear roll center, Ackermann
- Optionally adjustable: rear toe-in, front kick-up, rear anti-squat
Needed to Complete:
- Electronics (Radio, Receiver, Steering Servo, Battery Pack, Speed Controller)
This product was added to our catalog on September 10, 2010.
Anyone that has never had an Xray, I highly recommend trying one out!)
1)Fantastic fit and finish. I did not have any issues with part fitment other than the motor shaft issue listed below.
2)Drive train parts are of the highest quality making the drivetrain buttery smooth.
3)Documentation is very well illustrated. The best that I have seen.
4)High quality fasteners that don't need to be replaced with an aftermarket screw kit.
5)Strength is preserved while weight is kept to a minimum.
6)Suspension parts move smoothly without being loose. This tells me that this kit is built within very strict tolerances.
1)Not enough room behind the radio tray for the Tekin 2050 motor shaft. Xray now offers a spacer for $5 that resolves the issue. This should be provided with the kit or given to kit owners for free.
2)Spur gear does not have a cover to keep the lipo from coming in contact with it in a major crash. I have not taken the buggy to the track so this may be a non issue but looks like it could be a problem.
3)Shocks are not as smooth as they should be. Very difficult to get the proper rebound setup. Not on the same level as my Losi 8ight shocks.
If this buggy performs as good as it looks i'll be a happy man! I would have given it 5 stars but the shocks aren't the same quality as the rest of the kit.)
If you build it like a pro and do not rush , ther is no next level up in 1/8 racing buggys ,,, this is it!.
The only bad thing i can say is, parts are at the higher end of the price range but if your a racer, you dont mind the bit extra for quality. its not a poor mans hobby at the top end of racing. I used to bash mine in between racing and the only thing to break 2 parts on it was a sandstone boulder headon at 96kmh. I cryed a little bit inside.)