XRAY X1 2017 Luxury 1/10 F1 Chassis Kit
This is the XRAY X1 2017 Luxury 1/10 F1 Chassis Kit. Formula 1 racing is the pinnacle of automotive racing technology where performance and technologies employed challenge the very laws of physics. Inspired by full-scale Formula 1 race cars, XRAY presents the X1 2017, the successor to the popular XRAY X1. Building off the success of the X1, the X1 2017 edition incorporated all of the finest details to achieve a state of racecar perfection.
All parts are purpose-designed and manufactured by XRAY from premium materials including legendary Hudy Spring Steel, premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, high-grade custom-formulated graphite material, and their own blends of composite materials. Everything on the X1 is premium with maximum attention to detail, so all parts fit and work perfectly together.
- Updated adjustable anti-roll bar
- Updated graphite arms
- Updated arm mount plate
- Updated chassis
- Updated shorter big-bore shock absorber (from T4 platform)
- Updated shock spring collar
- Updated shorter spring (from T4 platform)
- Updated central mount plate
- Updated rear wing graphite mount
- Adjustable Anti-roll Bar: The innovative feature of the F1 class is the fully-adjustable wire anti-roll bar. The anti-roll bar improves steering characteristics & precision, and makes the car easier to handle. The wobble-free anti-roll bar system is mounted to anti-roll bar holders which are mounted on the arm mount plate via bearings for extra-smooth movement and quick & easy changes and adjustment. The roll bar turns in ball-bearings for maximum precision and free movement. Anti-roll bar height is adjustable via a ball screw. The complete range of different anti-roll bar thicknesses is designed to work with the ball-bearing roll bar mounting system. A 1.2mm anti-roll bar is included as standard in the kit, and a full range of different anti-roll bar wires is available optionally. Anti-roll bars have laser-engraved stripes (corresponding to bar thickness) for easy identification.
- Graphite Arms: The upper & lower graphite arms were redesigned to fit and work with wire anti-roll bar system. The upper arms were redesigned to allow mounting of the anti-roll bar mounts; the lower arms were redesigned for quick & easy accessibility to the anti-roll bar. Graphite arms are made from high-quality 2.5mm graphite material.
- Arm Mount Plate: The arm mount plate was redesigned to allow mounting of the aluminum anti-roll bar holders. The arm mount plate is precision machined from premium 2.5mm graphite material.
- Chassis: The chassis includes a 2-position option for pod link mounting. The first outer position is standard, while the inner position allows for angled mounting of the pod links to improve in-corner steering. The chassis also has a more frontward position for mounting the central mount plate of the new short shock.
- Shock: The X1 features the XRAY short shock from the T4 touring car platform. The unique XRAY aluminum shock absorber has interchangeable internal parts, with fixed 1-piece precision piston which is available with 3 different-diameter holes for damping adjustment: 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3mm with either 3 or 4 holes. No matter what you choose, all pistons are ultra-true and round due to a very special mold design, resulting in ultra-free movement of the piston inside the shock body.
- Shock Spring Collar: The shock spring collar is great and innovative feature of the F1 platform and was brought from the X12 pancar platform. The main benefit of the shock spring collar is quick & easy downstop adjustability. Now there is no need to disassemble the shock and tighten-untighten the shock ball joints as on previous X1 or on other formula cars on the market. Now the downstop can be adjusted by tightening-untightening the shock spring collar directly on the mounted shock.
- Shock Spring: To make the car more stable and easier to drive under various track conditions, the 3S 2.3 linear spring was chosen as the basic setting to provide the best balance between traction, stability, and steering response. A complete range of optional 3S springs either linear or progressive are available for further fine adjustment.
- Central Mount Plate: The central graphite mount plate has an updated design to allow easier mounting/dismounting of the batteries. The mount plate has a more frontward position to accommodate the shock absorber. The front center shock mount is positioned in the absolute chassis center for perfect side-to-side weight transfer. The rigid centrally-mounted shock mount (with strong aluminum stands) prevents tweak and significantly improves side-to-side stability.
- Rear Graphite Wing Mount: The all-new rear graphite wing mount has a new design which allows higher or lower mounting of the rear wing to adapt to traction, conditions, and racing surfaces. When traction is very low (mainly on asphalt surfaces) the upper holes allow a higher wing mounting position to generate more stability and traction off-power. When traction is very high (mainly on carpet surfaces) the lower holes allow a lower wing mounting position to decrease traction rolling and make the car easier to drive. Machined from premium 2.5mm graphite material.
Class: 1/10 formula
Width: Adjustable 180mm front, 185mm rear (depends on tires used)
Ready-to-run weight: 985g (varies depending on equipment used)
Drivetrain Type: 2WD direct drive to rear axle
Rear Axle: Steel shaft with ball differential
- X1 2017 Kit
- Lexan Formula body & front wing
- HUDY Diff Grease
- Authentication Certificate
- Parts list & exploded view
- Shock oil
- Radio System (transmitter and receiver)
- Steering Servo
- Motor & Pinion Gear
- Electronics Speed Controller
- Battery Pack
- Compatible Charger
- Wheels, Tires & Inserts
This product was added to our catalog on December 15, 2016.