XRAY T4 2016 1/10 Competition Electric Touring Car Kit
XRAY's T4 2016 1/10 Competition Electric Touring Car Kit is the culmination of more than a decade of touring car racing and design evolution. At the core of every XRAY car is a passion for high-performance racing cars. Combine this with dedication to absolute perfection, smart design approach and a heritage of extensive experience and achievements and you have a recipe for domination. The T4'16 carries on this legacy. Following thousands of hours of track-testing with the XRAY factory team and thousands of hours in R&D and prototyping, the result is a masterpiece - manufactured and machined in-house in Europe, with the extreme precision that can only be found in an XRAY kit.
T4 2016 Updates:
- Chassis: The T4’16 features a chassis that was redesigned to fit the redesigned motor mount plate to allow for more chassis flex adjustment. The ultra-narrow chassis is only 86mm wide and with the variety of chassis flex adjustment generates the required traction and gives excellent steering characteristics. The chassis design helps the T4’16 to be suitable for all track conditions. The 2.2mm thick chassis is CNC-machined from premium-grade graphite material and features pre-drilled holes for optional parts. Weight distribution and balance characteristics have been optimized.
- Motor Mount Plate: The motor mount plate features extra additional chassis flex adjustment positions. The motor mount is part of the left layshaft bulkhead to eliminate unwanted tweak. The motor mount system consists of a motor mount plate that is connected to the motor mount by a button-head screw which is more tweak-free compared to a countersunk screw. The motor mount plate is connected to the chassis via an M3 nut and an extra countersunk screw can be placed ahead of the nut if more reinforcement is needed, or the nut can be removed and 1 of 2 new holes can be used as extra flex adjustment options. The layshaft part of the motor mount bulkhead allows the removal of front or rear (or both) screws which connect the top deck, as the bearing is fixed to the layshaft bulkhead and does not move. This improves the flex adjustability of the car to better suit different track conditions.
- Top Deck: The top deck shape was redesigned to allow for easy access to the pinion gear, thus making it easier to work on the car. The shape of the rear portion of the top deck has been specifically designed to achieve maximum traction and in-corner steering. The top deck is machined from premium-grade 2.0mm graphite. An optional belt tensioner can be mounted to the top deck.
- Suspension Holders: Rear 1-piece suspension holder for ARS™ system ensures strength in crashes, as well as adding extra roll center positions for the ARS™ suspension. CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum and anodized in a distinctive orange color. XRAY’s legendary attention to detail is noticeable in all the precisely chamfered edges.
- ARS™ System: The kit includes both standard and Active Rear Suspension (ARS™) rear suspension. ARS™ offers great adjustment possibilities and driving characteristics. ARS™ suspension consists of: suspension arms, graphite 0° C-hubs for optimal flex characteristics, hard steering blocks, and ARS™ linkages which connect suspension holders with the suspension block. The angle of ARS™ linkages –set by adding/removing shims on the suspension block and suspension holder – changes the toe-in characteristics of the rear tires during chassis roll.
- ECS Drive Shafts: Extra-Strong ECS drive shafts are included in the kit as a standard part. The legendary XRAY ECS drive shafts equalize the speed between the drive shaft and the wheel. With a unique 2-piece joint between the axle and the wheel, the same extreme wheel turning angle is divided into two shallower angles without joint binding. This means that regardless of cornering speed and wheel angle, the inner wheel will not bind or vibrate. Drive through the corner is more stable, more precise, and easier to drive. With the ECS drive shafts, wheel vibrations and noise are decreased to minimum, steering is increased, and cornering speed & smoothness are noticeably increased.
- Proven Suspension Geometry: From the narrow arms and the tiny front and rear suspension blocks, to the small and robust steering blocks, every suspension part has been specially designed to provide responsive racing characteristics in all racing conditions. The ultra-lightweight suspension parts are molded from a special composite material that makes the parts very light yet very durable to withstand the rigors of high-performance racing. The T4 platform features optimized suspension parts carried over from the T3 platform. The arms feature a single optimized shock mounting position and integrated anti-roll bar mounts. The rear arms feature three anti-roll bar mounts for super-fine adjustment of the anti-roll bar.
- Designed for highest performance at all levels of racing
- Chassis designed to provide maximum traction and steering
- Reduced sensitivity to changing track conditions, giving super-consistent performance during runs
- EFRA, ROAR, FEMCA spec compliant for stock and modified racing
- Super easy to build, set up, maintain, and drive
- Developed, designed and styled by Martin Hudy, manufactured exclusively by XRAY in Europe in the world's most sophisticated RC manufacturing facility
- Revolutionary on-road platform with the benchmark for premium quality, reliability and performance
- Premium, professional, high-competition model racing car for the most demanding racers
- Manufactured from premium European materials, machined using state of the art Swiss and German machines
- Premium XRAY service & support
Class: 1/10 electric touring car
Width: Adjustable 189mm
Wheelbase: Adjustable 256-260mm
Ready-to-run weight: 1377g approx.
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Motor, ESC & Pinion Gear
- Steering Servo
- 2S Lipo Battery Pack & Battery Charger
- Tires, Wheels & CA Glue
- 190mm TC Body & Polycarbonate paint
- Fiber Tape, Double Sided Tape & Medium Grade Threadlock
This product was added to our catalog on October 20, 2015.