The XRAY SCX 2021 1/10 Electric 2WD Short Course Truck Kit is a dynamic and competent entry into the 1/10 scale 2wd short-course truck category. Based on the XRAY XT2 truck platform, the backbone of the car is the CNC-machined 2.5mm Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum chassis. Super lightweight, it retains the necessary strength and rigidity for the longer wheelbase SCX and is black coated at Xray’s own in-house fully robotic coating line. As is necessary in the SC class the front and rear bumper assemblies protects the truck from impacts with other vehicles during the close quarters racing common in Short Course events, while the side bumper braces provide support to the body in case of an impact and help protect the chassis. A tweak-free fully adjustable battery holder as well as simple battery installation through the smart quick-release system, the car utilizes a LCG transmission that uses a super-narrow, ultra-low CG gear box with quick & easy diff access with the narrow design of the LCG gear box, reducing weight and moving all parts closer to the chassis center line. This kit is a great way to build your Short Course Truck from the ground up, with XRAY's proven materials and quality craftmanship.
NOTE: Completed kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. The model you will receive is a kit that requires assembly and accessories. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- CNC-machined 2.5mm Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum lightweight chassis.
- Chassis features black coating, applied on Xray’s robotic coating line.
- Tweak-free fully adjustable battery holder
- Smart quick-release battery system
- LCG transmission with super-narrow, ultra-low CG gear box
- LCG gear box features a differential height adjustment.
- Integrated side-guards
- Graphite side-guard braces add stability with multiple mounting positions for three different flex settings.
- Front and rear bumper assembly protects the truck from impacts.
- Side bumper braces provide support to the body and protect the chassis.
- Easy access gear box for quick setup changes or maintenance.
- Durable gear box houses the differential and transmission components.
- Motor mount brace ensures optimum flex via a pivot ball mount.
- LCG differential has greater internal oil volume to increase consistency of the diff action.
- Smooth gear diff with composite case and cover with internal satellite gears.
- Lightweight motor mount is machined from Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum and is designed to fit the LCG gear box design and spur gear protector.
- Both front & rear suspensions feature adjustable suspension holders with multiple roll center positions.
- SCX constant velocity drives are manufactured from world-renowned Hudy Spring Steel.
- Rear uprights feature aluminum roll center mounts with adjustable roll center positions.
- Aluminum suspension holders feature the Integrated Suspension Settings (I.S.S.™) which allows for quick & easy suspension geometry set-up.
- Three different suspension arms available: medium (included), hard (optional), and graphite (optional), each suitable for certain track conditions.
- Ultra-lightweight 12mm wheel hex-drive hubs are CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 black-coated aluminum.
- Three different steering blocks available for various track conditions: medium (included), hard (optional) and graphite (optional.)
- Two different chassis braces available – medium (optional) and hard (included).
- Two different upper decks available – medium (optional) and hard (included).
- (1) SCX 2021 1/10 Electric 2WD Short Course Truck Kit
Needed To Complete:
- Radio System
- Body and polycarbonate paint
- Electronic Speed Control
- Tires, Wheels & CA Glue
- 48 Pitch Pinion Gear
- 2S Shorty LiPo Battery
- Tools & Misc Accessories (see manual)
This product was added to our catalog on January 12, 2021
Very adjustable and many parts are compatible with the XB2. Truck comes with lay down transmission and gear diff. Truck is very light compared to other kits in the class (I.e associated sc6.2 and losi) and the overall wheelbase is slightly longer so some short course truck bodies like the JConcepts Illuzion may not fit.
I put the proline axis body and it fits perfectly. Use +3mm offset wheels.
Truck is kit set up for loose dirt track with incredible grip.
Very adjustable in every way including front and rear axle height and track width. The battery holder is class leading design.
It is not a beginner kit and if you do not know the basics of setting up a kit for racing, or have never put together a kit, there are better options out there like the losi that comes with wheels, body and has quality parts.