XRAY GTXE 1/8 GT Electric On-Road Touring Car Kit
The XRAY GTXE 1/8 GT Electric On-Road Touring Car Kit is an ultra premium, professional, high-competition RC car for the most demanding racers, developed with the attention to detail that only XRAY can deliver to create a true luxury masterpiece.
Designed in virtual reality using the world's most sophisticated CAD tools and manufactured using the world's best machining and molding technology, the GTXE is second to none among electric GT class cars. All parts are purpose-designed and manufactured by XRAY, so everything fits and works perfectly together.
The GTXE project follows a typical development progress at XRAY: 3D models were first printed & tested, and after successful test results the production moulds were machined. To ensure perfect fitment of all parts, all pieces are individually tested during the development phase and then are tested on track to ensure maximum reliability and performance.
Made in Europe
Designed, developed, and fully manufactured in-house at the XRAY factory in Slovakia, Europe, using the most high-tech German & Swiss machines and premium European materials, crafted with XRAY's legendary attention to detail by our artistic production specialists. The GTXE is truly a masterpiece.
NOTE: Electronics, wheels, tires and painted body shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Battery Plate: The battery plate design allows to move battery more frontwards or rearwards, giving significant influence on weight balance adjustment. The rear of the plate has a dedicated area for speed controller placement. Velcro® strips are included for quick & easy battery mounting.
- Electronics Weight Balance: The layout of the electronics placement was designed with the attention to the optimum weight distribution and weight balance. During the design and prototyping phase several different layouts were tested and an extensive amount of data was collected, compared and evaluated by the factory team before the final design was chosen.
- Weight Balance Adjustment: Weight balance on the GTXE is easy to adjust for different track conditions. Weight can be moved to the front, middle, or rear by moving the suspension arms as required to achieve the best handling.
- Bulkheads: Diff bulkheads are an important chassis component, housing both the front and rear differentials and providing mounting points for the suspension mounts and shock towers. The diff bulkheads have been designed for extreme durability, while providing easy access for tuning and maintenance.
- Pivot Ball Suspension: XPBS™ (XRAY Pivot Ball Suspension) is a uniquely innovative concept and intelligent R&D design. The ultra-robust pivot ball suspension has integrated suspension geometry adjustment, with different kingpin plates being optionally available. The complete integrated suspension geometry adjustment includes:
- Track Width
- Bump Steer
- Upper Roll Center
- Lower Roll Center
- Kingpin angle
- Suspension: Suspension geometry is one of the most important features of any RC model car, while still being one of the most difficult & challenging features to design properly. From the suspension arms, through the suspension blocks, to the robust steering blocks… every suspension part has been carefully designed for the 1/8 racing platform to provide responsive racing characteristics in all conditions.
- Steering Blocks: XPBS™ steering blocks are unique, innovative, smart... an authentic XRAY innovation. The steering block consists of a super-lightweight composite steering block and stiff Swiss 7075 T6 kingpin plate. The steering block is mounted via massive pivot balls into the upper & lower suspension arms. The upper pivot ball is mounted into an adjustable upper ball joint and via roll center shims to the kingpin plate; this assembly allows camber and upper roll center adjustment. Using shims of various thicknesses, the upper roll center can be adjusted quickly & easily. The lower pivot ball is mounted into the steering block via an adjustable alu nut and composite bushing. By adjusting the pivot ball, both track-width and camber can be adjusted. The included kingpin plate offers two different mounting possibilities: either 0° or 7°. The steering blocks feature the following integrated geometry adjustments:
- bump steer
- kingpin angle
- A higher roll center (more shims) is recommended for grippy, high-traction tracks as well as bumpy tracks.
- A lower roll center (fewer shims) is recommended for slippery & smooth tracks.
- Rear Uprights: The ultra-tiny XPBS™ rear uprights are unique, innovative, and smart… pure XRAY. The rear upright consists of a super-lightweight composite upright block and stiff Swiss 7075 T6 mounting plate. The upper roll center plate has a unique design that allows easy changing of roll center position. The roll center plate features 2 roll center positions; by reversing the orientation of the plate another 2 roll center positions are available. The roll center adjustment range is 2.5mm. The roll center height of the upper camber link can be adjusted via shims of various thicknesses. The composite upright features 2 lower roll center positions. The outer suspension pin – on which the rear upright sits – features 2 shims which allow for additional wheelbase adjustment. The uprights feature integrated geometry adjustments including:
- upper & lower roll centers
- Front Upper Suspension: The front upper suspension is part of the innovative, unique XPBS™ suspension concept. Extra-strong, robust front upper arms are mounted to the front bulkhead assembly into the front shock tower and adjustable suspension holder. Using eccentric bushings, front inner upper roll center can be easily adjusted. Caster is easily adjusted using caster clips which are inserted either in front of or behind the front upper arms. The ball link is inserted into the upper arm and the integrated adjustable turnbuckle can be accessed from outside for quick & easy camber link adjustment.
- Drivetrain: The GTXE has a conventional shaft-drive 4WD drivetrain featuring:
- front & rear gear differentials with adjustable oil viscosity, 46T crown gears, and 14T pinion gears
- central 49T spur gear
- front, rear, and central CVD drive shafts
- Center Transmission: The center solid axle is a precision-manufactured, super-smooth layshaft made from tough HUDY shaft steel, which is additionally heat treated for superior strength and long life. The gear adapter is CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 for super-precise and wobble-free installation of spur gear.
- Radio Plate: The receiver box is mounted on the same graphite plate as the servo. The graphite plate is connected to the chassis by an aluminum holder and stand that can be easily removed from chassis for cleaning and maintenance. You need only to remove 3 screws from the bottom of the chassis to remove the servo and receiver box.
- Anti-Roll Bars: Anti-roll bars are manufactured from spring steel material. The front & rear roll bars are easily mounted to the diff cases, and can be adjusted using the connected linkages. Anti-roll bar wires of different thicknesses are optionally available for fine-tuning.
Chassis length: 400mm
Approximate running weight: 3320g
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- (2) 2S LiPo batteries or (1) 4S LiPo battery
- Compatible battery charger
- Electronic Speed Control
- Wheels and Tires
- Body & Polycarbonate Paint
- Tools for assembly
This product was added to our catalog on February 21, 2018.