XRAY GTX8 1/8 GT Nitro On-Road Touring Car Kit
This is the XRAY GTX8 1/8 GT Nitro On-Road Touring Car Kit. The GTX8 is an 1/8 luxury nitro GT car based on the XRAY’s European Championship-winning XB8 off-road car. Sharing many high-performance parts the GTX8 incorporates all the finest details to achieve a state of perfection.
- CNC-machined chassis made from 3mm high-quality Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum
- Strategically machined for ultra-light weight and uncompromised strength & rigidity
- Pre-drilled centerline holes for use with HUDY Chassis Balancing Tool
- 1-piece, compact, easy-to-remove electronics assembly
- Front & rear chassis braces for adjusting chassis stiffness & flex
- Large, easy-access, molded radio box
- Super-strong diff bulkheads house the differentials and provide mounting points for suspension mounts and shock towers
- Extra-thick, premium-grade graphite shock towers include multiple shock mounting positions
- Connecting link between throttle servo and radio box, for elimination of vibrations to chassis and more precise throttle & brake control.
- Compact front foam bumper made from high-resilience, lightweight foam
- Front upper bumper holder & lower composite bumper are molded from rigid composite to withstand hard crashes
- Engine & Clutch
- High-torque clutch for smooth and continuous power transfer at high RPM
- Swiss 7075 T6 small, lightweight clutch shoes allow for smoother engagement at high RPM
- Extra-tough Hudy Spring Steel™ flywheel nut
- Optionally-available softer & harder clutch springs
- High-grade, CNC-machined aluminum engine mounts
- Extra-large capacity 150mm fuel tank made from special composite mixture features an integrated floating stone filter and internal baffles to ensure constant fuel supply
- Fuel tank mounting with rubber grommets to absorb vibration
- Well-proven, high-performance braking system for strong, precise and dependable braking performance.
- Laser-cut, precision flat-ground steel brake disk allows fade-free braking
- Special high-grip brake pads installed on laser-cut steel backing plates
- Rigid, high-precision machined brake cam posts
- Conventional shaft-driven 4WD drivetrain
- Front & rear gear differential with adjustable oil viscosity featuring 46T crown gears and 14T pinion gears
- Central 2-speed gearbox
- Front, rear, and central CVD drive shafts made from HUDY Spring Steel™
- Central larger & stronger outdrives feature protective rubber boots, thick 3mm pins, and a protective locking ring
- Rubber-sealed composite differential housings with steel inserts.
- Pressed steel internal diff gears, heat treated & machined for ultra-high precision and smooth operation
- Diff gears made from special HUDY Gear Steel
- Super-lightweight, hardened diff outdrives made from HUDY Spring Steel™
- Ultra-lightweight 17mm wheel hex drive hubs re CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 black-coated aluminum
- Full set of 27 high-speed, lightly-oiled, blue-sealed ball-bearings ensure maximum efficiency
- 2-speed transmission mounted on a precision-manufactured, super-smooth layshaft made from tough HUDY shaft steel for 2-speed, which is additionally heat treated for extra strength and long life.
- 2-speed gear adapter made from hardened steel
- 2-speed gear adapter CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 with 1-way bearing for super-precise and wobble-free spur gear mounting
- Ultra-robust XRAY Pivot Ball Suspension XPBS with integrated suspension geometry adjustment
- Integrated Suspension Settings™ (I.S.S.) for quick & easy suspension geometry setting
- Suspension arms with optimal length, thickness, flexibility, geometry of suspension points, and material characteristics.
- Super-lightweight composite steering blocks + stiff Swiss 7075 T6 kingpin plate
- Easily-settable kingpin plate offers either 0° or 7° angle
- Optional kingpin plates available
- Ultra-tiny composite rear uprights + stiff Swiss 7075 T6 mounting plate
- Extra-strong & robust front upper arms
- Exclusive composite mixtures developed in-house by XRAY offer the perfect balance between reliability and performance
- Turnbuckles made from special blend of HUDY Spring Steel specifically formulated for turnbuckles
- Front & rear anti-roll bars manufactured from spring steel material
- Dual-arm steering system with adjustable Ackermann
- Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum steering plate
- Quick & easy Ackermann and bump steer adjustment
- Big-bore shocks for ultimate reliability and performance
- 18.5mm outer-diameter hardcoated shock bodies
- Shock body external threading allows quick & easy spring preload adjustment
- Ultra-precise big-bore 6-, 8- and 10-hole shock pistons made from Delrin material for smooth operation and durability
- Shock springs are manually measured, selected and matched into pairs to guarantee precisely equal length and damping characteristics
- HUDY Exclusive Silicone Oils are manufactured in Europe, and each batch of is laboratory tested and calibrated to ensure the highest possible consistency and quality batch-to-batch. Based on the industry-standard cSt rating, the oils will be easy to identify, adjust, and feel.
- Body & Wing
- XRAY self-designed GTX body (optional) made from high-quality Lexan material features high-downforce areas for proper airflow and improved stability
- Molded wing struts (3) for added durability and superior mounting
- High-strength wing
- Composite side guards protect the car, muffler, and fuel tank from side impacts. The side guards perfectly fit the chassis and seal against dirt.
- Optional graphite side guard braces allow for very efficient and easy chassis flex adjustment to adjust the handling of the car to different track conditions.
Chassis length: 400mm
Approximate running weight: 3320g
Needed To Complete:
- Transmitter & Receiver
- 2 Servos
- .21 Class On-Road Engine
- Manifold & Tuned Muffler
- Receiver Battery Pack
- Fuel & Engine Starting Tools (plug heater, fuel bottle, starter box)
- Body & Paint for body
- Tires & Wheels
This product was added to our catalog on June 12, 2017.