The X Factory "Infinity" Carbon Fiber TLR 22 3.0 Rear Tower Brace moves the rear shocks from the back of the tower & arms to the front on the TLR 22 3.0 with 3-gear laydown transmission. Initially developed by nationally-known driver J.P. Richards, with final design touches applied by X Factory Chief Engineer Paul Sinclair and produced in-house by X Factory, this rear tower brace has many advantages over the standard configuration. Shocks are aluminum, full of oil, and high, so moving them forward moves this weight closer to the center of gravity.
The carbon fiber brace stiffens the tower and forward shocks control the motion of the arms better. This allows the car to jump and land better, and helps the car drive more consistently in the corners, especially on-power during exit.
This kit ONLY fits buggies that have been equipped with TLR's laydown transmission kit. The location of the spur gear and top shaft will not allow you to move the shocks forward with the standup transmission.
- Moves the rear shocks to the front of the shock tower/arms
- Braces the shock tower to strengthen and eliminate flex
- Improves jumping capability, as the shock works more directly on the hub carrier/rear tires.
- Improves landing ability, for the same reason
- Better consistency through the corner, especially on power during corner exit. The car wants to "spin out" less as you apply power.
- 3mm Carbon Fiber rear shock tower brace
- Rear aluminum transmission mount to connect the bottom of the tower brace
- Necessary hardware to mount the shocks to the front of the tower: longer shock screws, spacers, and miscellaneous hardware
- Template and drill bit to drill the necessary shock hole in the front side of the rear control arms
This product was added to our catalog on November 22, 2016