This is the Volantex RC 1400mm Super Decathlon RTF (Ready-To-Fly) Brushless Aerobatic Trainer Airplane, with an included 2.4GHz Radio System, Flight Battery and Charger. Great for beginners or the professional pilot, the 1400mm Super Decathlon is an exciting aerobatic sport style airplane that features great realistic scale looks and wonderful aerobatics. With the use of a plastic Unibody design and ABS cowling construction, the plane is extremely durable compared to other airplanes on the market.
With assembly times around an hour, you’ll appreciate how quiet the brushless power system delivers outstanding performance for long and enjoyable flights. After you’ve mastered the basics of flight, the Decathlon is capable of performing a complement of aerobatic maneuvers such as loops, rolls, and even inverted flight.
- Plastic Unibody Fuselage: The whole fuselage is produced using a one-step molding system. This technology produces high durability and beautiful looks.
- Super Scale Cockpit Design: Thanks to the Plastic Unibody Design, the cockpit insert is very similar to the real plane and produces great scale detail.
- Flaps Included: The included flaps are a great option for the beginner pilot as they help avoid long distance landing, and can also improve the glider performance during soaring.
Wingspan: 1400mm (55.1 in)
Overall Length: 1007mm (39.6 in)
Flying Weight: 1450g
Prop Size: 1260 propeller
Motor Size: 4023 brushless out runner powerful motor
Speed Control: Easy-Plug 40A Switch-mode BEC ESC installed
Servo: 9g Servo (4pcs); 17g servo (2pcs)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 2200mAh ~ 3000mAh 20~25C Li-Po
Radio: 2.4Ghz 6-Channels
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Beginner
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Assembly Time: Around an hour
- Decathlon Airplane
- (4) 9 Gram Servos
- (2) 17 Gram Servos
- (1) 4023 Brushless Motor
- (1) 40A Brushless ESC
- (1) 2.4GHz 6-Channel Radio System
- (1) 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C LiPo Battery
- (1) Battery Charger
Needed To Complete:
- "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
- ECP-LP-2200-3S30: EcoPower "Electron" 3S Li-Poly 30C Pack (11.1V/2200mAh)
I ordered the extra lipo with the plane...it has a deans t plug, the plane takes a xt60 connector...you will need an adapter like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Deans-T-Plug-Male-to-XT60-Female-Connector-Conversion-Adapter-RC/322554214265?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
will post more when I get the plane together
tail piece broken and windshield crushed ...fixed
if this is your first ARF/RTF plane you will struggle with the instructions ... everything did however fit together nicely except for the aileron and flap servo as they should have included extention servo wires as these are not near long enough ...more updates after I can get out and fly it