This is the Volantex RC 1400mm Super Decathlon PNP (Plug-N-Play) Brushless Aerobatic Trainer Airplane. Great for beginners or the professional pilot, the 1400mm Super Decathlon is an exciting aerobatic sport style airplane that features great realistic scale looks and wonderful aerobatics. With the use of a plastic Unibody design and ABS cowling construction, the plane is extremely durable compared to other airplanes on the market.
With assembly times around an hour, you’ll appreciate how quiet the brushless power system delivers outstanding performance for long and enjoyable flights. After you’ve mastered the basics of flight, the Decathlon is capable of performing a complement of aerobatic maneuvers such as loops, rolls, and even inverted flight.
- Plastic Unibody Fuselage: The whole fuselage is produced using a one-step molding system. This technology produces high durability and beautiful looks.
- Super Scale Cockpit Design: Thanks to the Plastic Unibody Design, the cockpit insert is very similar to the real plane and produces great scale detail.
- Flaps Included: The included flaps are a great option for the beginner pilot as they help avoid long distance landing, and can also improve the glider performance during soaring.
Wingspan: 1400mm (55.1 in)
Overall Length: 1007mm (39.6 in)
Flying Weight: 1450g
Prop Size: 1260 propeller
Motor Size: 4023 brushless out runner powerful motor
Speed Control: Easy-Plug 40A Switch-mode BEC ESC installed
Servo: 9g Servo (4pcs); 17g servo (2pcs)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 2200mAh ~ 3000mAh 20~25C Li-Po
Radio: 2.4Ghz 6-Channels
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Beginner
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Assembly Time: Around an hour
- Decathlon Airplane
- (4) 9 Gram Servos
- (2) 17 Gram Servos
- (1) 4023 Brushless Motor
- (1) 40A Brushless ESC
Needed To Complete:
- 6+ channel transmitter and receiver radio system
- 11.1V 3S 2200mAh ~ 3000mAh LiPo flight battery
- Charger for flight battery
- ECP-LP-2200-3S30: EcoPower "Electron" 3S Li-Poly 30C Pack (11.1V/2200mAh)
I would not recommend this plane for a trainer unless you want to learn how deadly Takeoff/Departure stalls can be.
The plane flys well enough with a 4s battery just keep the speed up. If looking for a high wing aerobatic trainer I would recommend a parkzone sport cub.
As a "good looker" I give it 5 stars, as a Trainer I give it 1 star. Durability 10 stars LOL
....After 3 months I have found this aircraft to be completely unacceptable. I thought that I could get it to fly properly, it is just too heavy to fly well. It is a turd. Save your money. Parts take forever to get also.
Rate 2 stars before the 4S upgrade and 4 stars after.