Vaterra Ascender 1986 Blazer K-5 RTR Rock Crawler w/DX2e 2.4GHz Radio
This is the Vaterra Ascender 1/10 4WD Ready to Run Electric Rock Crawler, with an included 1986 Blazer K-5 Body. This ready-to-run, 1/10-scale version of a lifted Chevrolet K-5 Blazer delivers an authentic scale appearance, combined with a chassis that was designed to handle all the punishment you can dish out. Underneath the realistic off-road K-5 body, you will find the Vaterra Ascender chassis. This innovative scaler platform is engineered for extreme off-road environments, with features like stamped-steel ladder frames, an adjustable wheelbase, a metal gear transmission and one of the most capable off-road suspensions available. It comes completely assembled and equipped with waterproof electronics so you can drive it anywhere a full-scale off-road truck would go.
- Stamped-Steel Ladder Frames with Adjustable Wheelbase: Steel, C-channel frames form the backbone of the Ascender™ chassis and give you four wheelbase lengths to choose from: 12.36 in (314mm), 11.9 in (302mm), 11.4 in (290mm) and 10.95 in (278mm). Markings on the frames make adjustment easy.
- Heavy Duty Suspension: The chassis rides on a 3-link panhard bar front suspension and a 4-link rear suspension. All suspension links are machined from aluminum to handle the most punishing conditions. Oil-filled, threaded shocks soak up the bumps and give you a variety of pre-load settings.
- Metal Gear Transmission: The single-speed, metal gear transmission is engineered for steep inclines and rugged, rocky terrain. Those seeking a broader range of speed and climb performance can upgrade to the optional two-speed transmission, sold separately.
- Floating Battery Tray: The battery tray floats over the front axle and is designed to accept 96mm shorty packs. Placing the weight of the battery over the front axle gives the front tires extra traction when crawling over rocks and tackling steep inclines.
- Crawler Style Bumpers and Rock Slider Side Bars: The front and rear bumpers feature molded tow hooks. An opening on the front bumper leaves plenty of room for a winch cable. If you want to try different 1/10-scale bodies later on, the side bars and bumpers can be moved to accommodate most of them.
- Heavy Duty CV Front Shafts: As with the rest of the drivetrain components, these have been designed to handle rugged terrain. They also allow up to 45 degrees of steering angle – more than most other trucks in this class.
- Licensed 1986 Chevrolet® K-5 Blazer® Body: The painted, polycarbonate body is modeled after one of the most popular K-5 Blazers ever built. Scale touches include an injection-molded grille with headlight details and authentic Chevrolet badging. A set of detail stickers is also included.
- Sticky Compound Interco Super Swamper Tires: The realistic drivetrain and suspension are complemented by licensed replicas of Interco TSL SX Super Swamper® tires. Like the full-scale versions, their tread pattern and compound provide excellent grip at almost any angle.
- Powerful Dynamite® Crawler Motor: The potent Dynamite motor delivers all the torque you need to muscle over rock piles and power through mud and brush.
- Waterproof Electronics: The truck is equipped with a waterproof receiver, speed control and steering servo for driving in the real world, where things get wet and the weather is often less than perfect.
- Spektrum™ DX2E 2.4GHz Radio System: The included radio system gives you the unbeatable signal security and responsiveness of Spektrum DSMR® 2.4GHz technology. The DX2E transmitter is compatible with any Spektrum surface receiver so you can use it with other RC vehicles as well.
Type: 4WD "Scale" Rock Crawler
Length: 21.25 in (540mm)
Width: 9 in (229mm)
Height: 9 in (229mm)
Ground Clearance: 1.06 in (37mm)
Weight: 4 lb (1.81 kg)
Chassis: Steel Ladder Frame
Suspension: Multi-Link Solid Axle
Tire Type: Licensed Super Swamper TSL SX
Motor or Engine: 35T Brushed 540
Speed Control: Included
Radio: Spektrum DX2E 2 Channel
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Wheel Size: 1.9 in (48.26mm)
Shock Type: Oil Filled Threaded Injection Molded
Body: 1986 Chevy K5 Blazer Painted
Ball Bearings: Complete Vehicle
Experience Level: Beginner
Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: No
Needed To Complete:
- 7.4V Shorty Style LiPo Battery w/EC3 Connector
- LiPo Charger
This product was added to our catalog on November 25, 2014.