Traxxas 1/16 Summit VXL 4WD Brushless RTR Monster Truck (w/TQi 2.4GHz Radio, Battery & Charger)
This is the Traxxas 1/16 Summit VXL 4WD Brushless RTR Monster Truck. The innovative, award-winning Summit is now available in 1/16 scale, with multi-terrain versatility, extreme brushless power, and aggressive off-road styling that could only come from Traxxas. The 1/16 Summit VXL’s just-right size lets you enjoy rock-roosting fun anywhere, anytime. Summit VXL brings big fun into small places without sacrificing speed or precision. New, extreme-duty driveshafts transfer high-torque VXL brushless horsepower to the wheels for speeds over 25mph right out of the box with the included Power Cell battery. Experience 40+mph when you install an optional second battery and Traxxas Speed Connector! Canyon AT tires on beadlock-style Geode wheels combine with the ExoCage body for a rugged look that’s backed up by Summit VXL’s exciting all-terrain performance.
Extreme Velineon Brushless Power & Waterproof Electronics
The 1/16 Summit’s high-power Velineon 380 brushless motor is the largest in its class and uses high-strength Neodymium magnets, a sintered rotor, and high-rpm ball bearings for lasting performance. The VXL 3m speed control features the latest low-resistance/high-current FETs and Traxxas’ exclusive High-Current Connector for ultra-efficient power flow. Built-in Low Voltage Detection makes the Velineon VXL-3m ready for 2S and 3S LiPo packs. Fully waterproof electronics are a Traxxas exclusive that opens the door to fun in mud, snow, and other wet conditions that send other trucks back to the bench. Down the trail, on the track, or right in your backyard, 1/16 Summit VXL is the fast and fun go-anywhere truck that does it all, it’s exactly what you expect from Traxxas.
TQi Radio System
The Traxxas® TQi™ radio system arrives with a full complement of tuning features, long-range 2.4GHz signal, and proven Traxxas reliability for rock-solid performance. It's so advanced, it doesn't even need an external antenna. The TQi radio system is equipped with superior Direct Sequence Spread-Spectrum (DSSS) technology, fully programmable features, and the convenience of patent-pending Traxxas Link™ automatic model recognition. The transmitter’s easy-to-use design provides the instant, worry-free, turn-it-on-and-go driving fun you expect from Traxxas, while also delivering pro-level tuning features for those who wish to explore the expanded tuning possibilities. The Multi-Function knob on the face of the transmitter can be programmed to control a variety of functions such as steering exponential, steering and braking dual rate, and throttle trim. Other tuning options include end point adjustment, servo reversing, and sub trim adjustment. The TQi 2.4GHz transmitter pumps out a strong, clear signal for optimum range. The 13ms frame rate and near zero latency results in instant steering and throttle response along with precise, smooth control. The TQi is compatible with the optional TQi Docking Base and Traxxas Link application.
1/16 Summit VXL Features:
- Fully assembled and Ready-To-Race
- 25+mph with included battery & 40+mph* with dual batteries!
- 2.2” Geode Wheels and Canyon AT Tires
- Full-time 4WD
- Super Duty Dual-CV Telescoping Driveshafts
- Long-Travel Rockers
- Powerful Velineon 380 brushless motor
- Velineon VXL-3m waterproof electronic speed control
- Accepts 6-cell flat NiMH and 2- or 3-cell LiPo packs
- LiPo and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Includes Traxxas Power Cell battery pack and charger
- Includes optional pinion gear for 40+mph operation*
- Traxxas High-Current Connectors
- High-torque waterproof steering servo
- Ball-bearing transmission
- Sealed, silicone-filled differentials
- Adjustable Torque-Control slipper clutch
- Precision high-quality hex hardware throughout
- Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Fully adjustable, oil-filled GTR Shocks
Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz Radio System Features:
- High Output signal for maximum range
- Integrated internal antenna
- Telemetry enabled 5-channel micro receiver with dual channel-1 inputs
- Simple 2-Button Interface
- Steering trim and Multi-Function knobs
- Adjustable steering and throttle:
- Percentage (dual rates)
- Sensitivity (exponential)
- End points
- Servo reversing
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link Model Memory enabled models—just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- Comfortable ergonomic design
- Compatible with Exclusive TQi Docking Base
*NOTE: 40+mph using second Traxxas Power Cell battery pack and series adapter (both sold separately).
**Note: This model is available in Blue, Red, White and Yellow color schemes. If you would like a specific color please contact our customer service department prior to placing your order and we will do our best to honor your request.
This product was added to our catalog on February 2, 2012.