Thunder Power TP820HVC LiPo/LiHV Dual DC Battery Charger (8S/20A/400W x2)
|See Price In Cart|
This is the Thunder Power TP820HVC LiPo/LIHV/LiFe/NiMH Dual DC Battery Charger. The TP820HVC is the first ever dual port and the most anticipated, most powerful, most advanced multi-chemistry charger, discharger, cycler and balancer system and safest for high voltage LiPos and standard LiPos from Thunder Power RC. With up to 800 watts of total charging power, nearly 4-times that of the ever-popular TP1010C, the TP820HVC is equipped with two ports that function completely independently to charge, discharge and cycle a wide variety of 2-7S HV LiPo, 1-8S LiPo, LiIon and LiFe (A123) batteries, as well as 1-24 cell NiCd and NiMH along with 6-30V Pb (lead-acid) batteries. The built-in 2-8S LiPo/LiIon/LiFe (A123) cell balancers, one for each port, and included balance connector adapter boards are readily compatible with all Thunder Power balance connectors and the JST-XH balance connectors found on most other batteries.
The dual port TP820HVC offers the convenience and flexibility of two separate chargers in a single yet incredibly compact case as a result of its advanced power conversion technology and design. Each port is capable of charging at rates up to 20 amps, even simultaneously depending on input power and charge settings, offering the ability to charge many of the latest-generation LiPo batteries at ultra-fast rates up to 6C and beyond. This means the TP820HVC is well-equipped to quickly charge batteries up to 8S on each port for use in series as up to 16S in large-scale airplanes and helicopters. A popular example of the incredible charging capability is the ability to charge two 6S 5000mAh batteries, one on each port simultaneously and with maximum input voltage and power for ultimate efficiency, at just over 3C to have a complete 12S 5000mAh battery setup charged in as little as 20 minutes or less time. And, because each port functions independently, you can even mix and match charge, discharge or cycling duties of a LiPo motor power battery and a NiMH transmitter battery, a NiCd receiver battery and a lead-acid field box battery or just about any other combination you might have.
Other great features include built-in data logging, viewing and internal resistance measurement, dual computer-controlled cooling fans and temperature protection, an attractive and extremely durable aluminum case, plus the ability to install future firmware updates available for free download using a standard mini USB cable. Best of all these incredible features are all available at a value that’s hard to beat while being backed by Thunder Power RC’s industry-leading warranty.
NOTE: This charger is LiHV compatible, but will only charge Thunder Power brand LiHV cells to high voltage specifications. Compatible Thunder Power LiHV batteries and LiHV chargers have an extra pin in the balance connector that will prevent any other brand of LiHV battery from charging to LiHV specs. It will charge standard LiPo batteries and non Thunder Power brand LiHV batteries to a maximum of 4.24V per cell.
- High Voltage (HV) LiPo charger, discharger and cycler compatible
- Powerful all-in-one dual port charger, discharger and cycler system with built-in HV LiPo/LiPo/LiIon/LiFe (A123) cell balancers that offer maximum safety
- The included balance connector adapter boards (2pcs) allow the built-in balancers to be used with 2-8S Thunder Power-compatible balance connectors and JST-XH Balance connectors
- Convenient and flexible dual (two) port design charges, discharges and cycles 2-7S HV LiPo, 1-8S LiIon/LiPo/LiFe (A123), 1-24 cell NiCd/NiMH and 6-30V Pb (lead-acid) batteries on each port
- More than double the charging power, up to 800 watts total (400 watts per port), of other similar class chargers with selectable charge rates from 0.2 amps up to 20 amps for each port
- The perfect choice for safe and ultra-fast charging at rates of 3-6C+ for the latest-generation LiPo batteries
- Advanced Storage Mode function for LiPo/ LiIon/LiFe (A123) batteries will automatically charge or discharge as needed to achieve storage level voltage
- 24 user-programmable memories plus built-in data logging and viewing with internal resistance measurement, peak battery voltage, average discharge voltage, charger input voltage, temperature and more
- Fully-adjustable charge capacity limit, per cell end voltage and low voltage cutoff settings for all chemistries to maximize safety, charge and discharge performance
- Durable and compact aluminum case with dual computer-controlled cooling fans and an extremely easy-to-read blue backlit LCD screen
- Wide input voltage range from 10.5-28.0V for maximum efficiency and power output when using up to 24-28V and charging high cell count batteries
- Adjustable output power distribution, input power current limiting and low voltage cutoff to maximize performance while protecting the power supply
Type: Multi-Chemistry Dual Port DC Charger/Discharger/Cycler with Integrated Balancers
Input: 10.5-28.0V DC (40 amps max)
# Cells: 2-7S HV Lipo, 1-8S LiPo/LiIon/LiFe (A123), 1-24 cell NiCd/NiMH and 6-30V Pb (lead-acid)
Charge Rate: Adjustable from 0.2 to 20A per port
Input Connector: 4mm bullet connector or alligator clips
Output Connector: 4mm bullet/banana
This product was added to our catalog on August 10, 2016.
But having said these negative words I am sure they will have a hard case in the future and I can`t say enough good about the charger other than what I`ve stated. Thunder Power`s products are great.
$99 is a GREAT price for this dual,high power charger, with HV . But if HV is your gig, I`d wait to see what the future holds. Extra pin or no extra pin….)
The first charger was dead on arrival. The second port was not being detected by the charger software. A quick chat session with Amain and I had a return label in my email ready to ship back.
Couple of weeks later I received my replacement charger. On my first use, I charged two 4S batteries. The charger over-charged 2 cells to 4.29 volts each. Luckily I caught it before any more damage was done.
This is not a quality charger with software issues that allow it to overcharge LiPo batteries. I ended up returning it back to Amain for a refund.)