Thermaltronics TMT-TC-2 Tip Tinner is a compressed tablet of pure tin and ammonia phosphate formulation in a metal container with lid. It has a self adhesive pad on the underside to allow it to be affixed on, or near the work station.
Thermaltronics TMT-TC-2 Tip Tinners should be used when the soldering iron tip is unable to be re-tinned by using cored solder or normal electronic grade fluxes.
For best results roll or wipe the soldering tip at normal soldering temperature over the surface of the TMT-TC-2 for a few seconds to produce local melting. There is no need to use heavy pressure or a scrubbing action. Prolonged contact may form excessive fume.
The residue on the tip is non-corrosive and may be removed by wiping the tip onto brass curls or a damp (not wet) sponge.
- Removes tip oxidation
- No-Clean compatible formulation
- Minimal residues
- Rapidly re-tins badly oxidised soldering iron tips
- Avoid inhaling the flux fumes when in use.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handling TMT-TC-2 especially before eating or smoking.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Dispose in accordance with Local, State and Federal Regulations.