The Traktion Drive is here! Finally, a cost effective, compact and lightweight slipper system that provides instant power while protecting your drivetrain and improving traction. Tekno took the revolutionary Electri-Clutch system and expanded it into the most flexible power delivery option available for 1/8th scale electric vehicles. Now Tekno RC has EVERYONE covered!
If you want direct drive and motor brakes - CHECK! If you want clutch and mechanical brakes - CHECK! If you want direct drive and mechanical brakes - CHECK! All this with better traction and drivetrain protection. Here's how it works - the Elektri-Clutch system works similar to a traditional nitro clutch where the springs 'PULL' the shoes to the center.
The Traktion Drive employs a new clutch shoe design coupled with a different spring design to 'PUSH' the shoes into the clutch bell, so it's engaged at 0 RPM! This equals 0 lag! Slip amount is adjusted by the thickness of the springs. Use lighter springs (0.8mm, 0.9mm) for better traction on loose tracks. Use thicker springs (1.0mm, 1.1mm) for higher grip tracks.
- Instant power, zero lag
- Improves traction in all conditions (indoor/outdoor)
- Allows the use of motor brakes or mechanical brakes
- Lowers temps on motor and ESC
- Protects your drivetrain under acceleration AND braking
- Allows reverse
- Adjustable (different springs provide different slip settings)
- Inexpensive (doesn't cost as much as a whole conversion kit)
- Super long wear 7075 clutch shoes (we're talking months and months)
- BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE WITH ALL TEKNO KITS!!!
- (1) 1/8th clutch adapter
- (1) M3x8mm button head screw
- (1) M4x4mm set screw
- (1) M3 washer
- (5) 5x7x.2mm shims
- (3) aluminum clutch shoes
- (3) 0.7mm Elektri-Clutch springs
- (3) 0.8mm Traktion Drive springs
- (3) 0.9mm Traktion Drive springs
- (3) 1.0mm Traktion Drive springs
- (3) 1.1mm Traktion Drive springs
This product was added to our catalog on September 6, 2018