Tekin RX8 GEN2/Redline T8 1/8th Scale Buggy Brushless ESC/Motor Combo (1900kV)
This is the Tekin RX8 GEN2 and Redline T8 1/8th Scale Buggy Competition Brushless ESC/Motor Combo (1900kV). The RX8 GEN2 brings updated features and next level performance to the popular RX8 series speed control. Designed using today's state of the art micro components, the GEN2 delivers advanced tuning options for the hardcore racer. Whether you are into large scale or short course, the RX8 GEN2 has what racers demand; reliability, precise control and unmatched power handling capability.
Tekin’s Redline T8 motor series is designed for large scale, high performance competition. Featuring sensors for flawless, reliable on track operation, the T8 provides pro level control and power. Capable of both sensored and sensorless operation, the T8 series motors are the leading edge of large scale RC motor technology. Utilize the torque and speed of your T8 to propel you across the finish line.
Couple the Redline T8 with Tekin’s RX8 Electronic Speed Control and harness the industry's leading technologies in a complete Tekin power system solution.
RX8 GEN2 Features:
- Ultra-smooth and Precise Throttle and Braking Control
- Compatible with Sensored/Sensorless Brushless and Brushed Motors
- Easily Access Programming, Anywhere, Anytime
- Datalogging Capability
- High Voltage Programmable BEC
- EZ Access HotWire Programming Port
- HotWire PC Interface for Advanced Programming and Updating
- D2: Dual Drive Mode Technology
- On-Board Temperature Indicator
- Removable/Replaceable Cooling Fan
- HDAC: High Density Copper PCB's
- Sensor Plug for Precise Commutation with all Motors
- Gold-plated Solder Posts for Easy Wire Replacement
- Self Test Diagnostics and Factory Reset
- Pit Tune Mode
- DGF2: Digital Glitch Filtering V2
- QuickTune Programming
- One-Touch Radio Calibration
- High Voltage BEC (6.0v/7.4v)*
- Drag Brake (13 steps)
- Brake / Reverse Strength (13 steps)
- Current Limiter (none + 12 steps)
- Neutral Width (13 steps)
- Timing Profiles (5 preset - 2 custom*)
- Adjustable Throttle and Brake Minimums
- Custom Throttle Curves
- Motor/Reverse Type: Brushless, Brushed, No Rev, Rev Delay
- Voltage Cutoffs (none, 2S, 3S, 4S, 5S, 6S, Custom)
- Save, Load and Share custom ESC setup files*
- Save, Load and Share Data Log files*
- Extensive Tuning via Tekin HotWire PC Interface
Redline T8 Features
- CNC Machined 6061 T6 Billet aluminum Ribbed Heatsink Can
- Sensored and Sensorless operation.
- High Current Solder Tabs
- Rebuildable Design
- Neodymium Sintered Magnet
- Precision Engineered for Maximum Energy Conversion
- Dual-Plug Sensor Wire Harness
RX8 GEN2 Specifications:
Input Voltage: 2S-6S LiPo
BEC: 6.0V / 7.4V 7 Amps
Motor Limit Brushless Mode: No Limit
Motor Limit Brushed Fwd Only Mode: No Limit
Motor Limit Brushed Fwd/Rev Mode: No Limit
Max Current: 220 Amps per phase
Timing Profiles: 7 choices (on board)
Brushed Modes: Fwd Only, Fwd/Rev, Rev Delay
Brushless Modes: Fwd Only, Fwd/Rev, Rev Delay
Dimensions: 1.5x2.2x1.4in (38x55.8x25.5mm)
Weight: 2.7oz / 76.5g
KV Rating: 1900
Weight: 11.5oz (341g)
Shaft Dimensions: 19 x 5mm w/flat
Motor Diameter: 1.57” (40mm) / 1.65” (42mm) including fin
Motor Length: 2.80” (71mm)
This product was added to our catalog on May 26, 2009.
I also experienced Tekin's 2050kV motor but 1900kV revealed to be the best balance.
Despite Rx8 is easy to tune, Hotwire is a the best choice for extremely fine tuning (especially to adjust the Timing).
This ESC is one of the most reliable ESC for this scale.
Like several other drivers using Rx8 in our club, I can tell that two things MUST be avoided with this ESC: water and mechanical shocks.)