The championship-winning 22 platform saw major revisions with the release of the 22 3.0 buggy. The 22T 3.0 stadium truck benefits from the same level of innovation. Plus, many parts that were considered optional on the 22T 2.0 are now included so you can build to team spec right out of the box.
- Revised Motor Location: As with the 22 3.0 buggy, the 22T 3.0 motor location is 12mm closer to the diff gear than it was in the previous version. This increases the rear weight bias, providing better rear grip on exit, more entry steering and a truck that, overall, is easier to drive.
- 3-Gear Transmission: The new 3-gear transmission decreases chassis roll, greatly improving the vehicle's stability, consistency and braking. A 4-gear transmission is available separately for lower-grip tracks and different driving styles.
- Revised Front Suspension Geometry: All-new front caster blocks and suspension arms allow for variable length arm adjustment. This, together with the bell crank steering system, provides the same amazing steering 22 drivers have come to love, but with a more consistent feel between different surfaces. It all adds up to a truck with neutral balance that requires less tuning from track to track to maximize performance.
- Revised Rear Suspension Geometry: The rear pivot is 2mm wider for better rear grip and stability without losing any corner speed. The rear arms and shock towers have revised shock mounting locations. The jumping, landing, and chassis roll dynamics of the rear end have been optimized for a higher rear weight bias percentage.
- Adjustable Toe and Anti-Squat: As with the 22 3.0 buggy, the rear pivots use inserts for adjusting the rear toe and anti-squat. This makes it easy to quickly adjust geometry without having to buy additional parts. The rear toe can be adjusted in 0.5 degree increments from 2.5 to 4.0 degrees. Rear anti-squat adjustments range from 0.0 to 3.0 degrees.
- Aluminum-Plate Rear Hub: The hub base is molded composite, allowing a bearing to be press fit without play and minimal unspring weight when compared to an all-aluminum hub. The aluminum plate is secured to the hub with an M3 screw and ball stud, which is vertically adjustable. Now the ball stud is supported by aluminum from pushing or pulling out, while still threading into composite so it cannot work loose.
- Transverse Battery Mounting: The wider, 2.5mm aluminum chassis and molded mud guards include the option to mount saddle and shorty Li-Po packs across the chassis. Shorty Li-Po packs can also be mounted fore to aft. This allows for more weight bias tuning front to rear and wider placement of battery weight. The result is a more stable truck without an increase in static weight.
- HDS Slipper with HD Spring: The 22T 3.0 includes Heavy Duty Slipper (HDS) pads and 82T HDS spur gears as well as grooved and tapered slipper plates. The biggest improvement comes with the HD slipper spring that offers a wider range of adjustment. It also makes the slipper more consistent.
- Included Option Parts: Popular upgrade parts are included so owners can build a pro-level truck right out of the box. These include milled, 7075-T6 aluminum parts like the top shaft, adjustable rear pivot mounts, motor plate, rear camber block, shock bleeder caps and ball stud spacers throughout. Machined shock pistons and bushings, Ti-CN coated shock shafts and hinge pins, C3 spec hub bearings and low frequency springs are also included.
- Shared Parts Compatibility: All the key 22T 3.0 suspension components are identical to those used on the 22SCT 3.0. Racers who run both vehicles won't need to keep as many spare parts and can swap parts between vehicles if needed.
- Based on the championship-winning 22 3.0 buggy
- Revised mid-motor mounting location
- Revised front and rear suspension geometry
- 3-Gear transmission for better acceleration and grip
- Aluminum-plate rear hub
- HDS Slipper with HD Spring
- Lightweight 7075-T6 aluminum chassis
- Gen II 12mm big-bore shocks
- Transverse battery mounting option
- TLRŽ pre-cut body
- Many popular option parts included as standard
- Shares many key suspension parts with the 22SCT 3.0
Type: 2WD Stadium Truck
Length: 15.8 in (400mm)
Width: 12.7 in (322mm)
Height: 5.65 in (143mm)
Wheelbase: 11.3 -11.4 in (286-290mm)
Weight: Varies with Equipment Used
Chassis: 2.5mm 7075-T6 Aluminum
Suspension: Lower A-Arm, Upper Adjustable Link
Motor or Engine: 540 size Not Included
Speed Control: Not Included
Radio: Not Included
Servos: Not Included
Batteries: Not Included
Charger: Not Included
Gear Pitch: 48P
Wheel Size: 2.20 in (56mm) x 1.90 in (48mm)
Shock Type: 12mm Big Bore, Oil Filled
Body: 22T 3.0, unpainted polycarbonate
Ball Bearings: Full Rubber Sealed Ball Bearings
Experience Level: Advanced
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: 3-5 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- Electronic Speed Control
- Radio System
- 48 Pitch Pinion Gear
Completed vehicle shown for illustrative purposes only and is not included.
This product was added to our catalog on February 21, 2017