Team Durango DEX410 "V3" 1/10 Electric 4wd Off Road Buggy Kit
This is the Team Durango DEX410 "V3" 1/10 Electric 4wd Off Road Buggy Kit. When the DEX410 was released more than two years ago, it changed 4WD off road racing. It wasn't just the use of geared differentials and the highest quality materials, neither was it the original design and Team Durango style. It was the combination of all of these things, plus the fact that Team Durango cars are made by people who know about RC racing. Durango knows what serious racers want, and they do their best to make cars you want to race with, and win with. The DEX410v3 is the next evolution of the car that won the 2009 IFMAR World Championship, the 2011 EFRA European Championship and multiple national and international titles. How can such a successful car get any better? Well, it just did...
Team Durango Pro team driver Jörn Neumann has had an excellent season in 2011. After his amazing drive at the 2011 World Championships in Finland, Jörn finished the event as Vice World Champion; his DEX410v3 was consistently fast and reliable. A few weeks later and Jörn's car was the class of the field at the European Championships in France. No-one could match Jörn's DEX410v3 for pace and he won his second European title.
- Kuhler Body Shell: The ‘Kuhler' bodyshell (TDR402007) for the DEX410v3 performs as good as it looks. Durango has managed to retain the Team Durango racing lines and contours as well as raise the roof and widen the sides, to give even better airflow over the internal electronics. The rear flick-fin and subtle cab-forward design, make this one of the coolest looking 1/10 scale bodies available today.
- Big Bore Shocks: First seen on the DEX410v3, the Team Durango Fat Shocks have become a popular hop-up option for DEX410 and DEX410R owners. With the release of the DEX410v3, Durango is proud to provide the Fat Shocks as standard equipment. With a full range of optional springs and Team Durango synthetic shock oils to choose from, fine-tuning your Fat Shocks to any track condition has never been easier.
- Ti-Nitride Shock Shafts: Having been tested by Durango's Pro racing team for many months, the Fat Shock technology on the DEX410v3 is completed by the addition of Gold Titanium Nitride coated shock shafts. These shock shafts offer ultimate-smooth action, making your Fat Shock setup precise and consistent.
- Countersunk Protection: The famous narrow-waisted DEX410 aluminum chassis has received some attention with the v3 car. All of the holes on the bottom of the chassis are now more deeply countersunk. This means the head of each screw sits flush with the bottom of the chassis plate for a smoother ride over bumps and ruts in the track.
- HD Ball Ends: Heavy Duty and strong. The Team Durango HD ball ends, which come as standard on the DEX410v3, now fit further over each pivot ball. This ensures that the ball ends stay right where they need to, without restricting any of the required movement through full suspension and steering travel.
- Rear Drive Shaft: A shorter rear center drive shaft and longer rear diff outdrive combine to make a truly secure assembly. This configuration means that even in the event of a heavy, chassis flexing crash, the drive shaft will not ‘pop-out' of the outdrive. Made from the same hard-wearing material, the new drive shaft and outdrive combination will keep your DEX410v3 running even when the crashes are hard and the landings heavy.
- Carbon Fiber Shock Towers: The DEX410v3 has re-designed front and rear carbon fiber shock towers. Based on the original DEX410 shock towers, these units feature more holes for even finer-tuning and adjustment. They are made from the same race-proven 4mm thick carbon fiber that has become popular with DEX410R owners around the world.
- Suspension Hangers: It was easy to adjust the anti-squat on the DEX410. With the DEX410v3, Durango has made it even easier. Rather than using separate anti-squat suspension hangers, the DEX410v3 uses a single RR (rear rear) suspension hanger and, with different composite inserts, the anti-squat can be quickly and easily adjusted.
- Chassis Rails: Many DEX410 and DEX410R owners like to run the composite side rails for extra chassis flex. Of course, for some tracks and conditions, the optional aluminum side rails are the right choice. With the composite side rails as standard on the DEX410v3, tuning your car with the optional flex brace system set (TDR220003) and aluminum side rails (TDR310016 and TDR310017) is simple. For every track and every condition, Team Durango give you the cars and the options to let you win!
Length: 21.7" (550mm)
Width: 11.2" (285mm)
Wheelbase: 12.9-13.2" (329-336mm)
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel surface adio system
- Batteries (2S LiPo Saddle Pack Battery)
- Battery charger (LiPo Specific Battery Charger)
- Electronic speed control & motor
- Pinion gear
- Paint for body
- Glue for tires
- Steering servo
This product was added to our catalog on September 30, 2011.
That said Id look into possibly a Kyosho FS2 SP, Schumacher sx3 or wait for Losi to come out with their new ride. The 2 I mentioned before are extremely well made platforms and are bulletproof. They outperform the rest and are fast if not faster than any Rango Ive seen and the results Ive seen speak for themselves. I know many will reply and attack this post, but Im merely warning the newbies out there and even the more experienced guys out there that I did own this car and it took forever and a day to get it to work without failures and STAY together. All you will do is wrench, and wrench and wrench...till your fingers bleed. Hope this reaches the right ears, because this car is the biggest scam in RC history. 2 stars, and I only added the 2nd because it might work well for those who decide to wrench day in and day out to MAKE it work.)