The TBS Core PNP50 is a consequent progression to the TBS Core, tailor made for lightweight FPV aircraft. The main advantage over the standard Core is the connectors and supplied cables, in that there is no more soldering required to install the PNP50. It supplies a (selectable) 5V or 12V to video transmitter and fpv camera regardless of input voltage (2S to 10S). The TBS Core PNP50 can supply video transmitters with up to 1W of emitted power (EIRP) and a standard FPV camera - or charge a GoPro camera.
The included OSD provides real-time info on battery status, flight time and RSSI. If your setup is sporting an EzUHF 8ch receiver (diversity or lite), the digital RSSI info can be displayed using the separate EzUHF link cable. The onboard microphone transmits the on-board sounds down your video transmitter. By including a 50A current sensor into a tiny form factor it is an ideal companion for your quads and R/C aircraft. The current sensor can be calibrated from the OSD, but comes pre-calibrated out of the box. All connectors are now plug & play, requiring no soldeirng whatsoever to get the product running.
In a nutshell, the TBS Core PNP50 makes FPV setups super-easy and is a safety feature every small FPVaircraft should have. No more cutouts due to low voltage, single battery FPV systems prevent you from forgetting to charge spare batteries, the simplified wiring reduces points of failure. Installation is nearly fool proof: plug your battery into the JST/BEC connector and power all your aircraft's electronics from the other JST/BEC connector. The current sensor automatically measures the current passing through this cable. Plug in the VTx (5V default) and the camera (5V default!).
*NOTE: Modifying your PNP50 similarly to the above video will void any warranty that is supplied from Team-BlackSheep and AMain Performance Hobbies. The above video is both an overview and tutorial for those who feel comfortable modifying such components.
- Plastic enclosure and connector-sockets (Molex Picoblade) for all ports
- 2S - 10S input (OSD measures up to 6S)
- Constant 5V @ max. 2A, 12V @ max. 600mA (individually, not in combination)
- 42x27mm, 12g
- Switching power with >85% efficiency
- OSD with integrated current sensor, RSSI and battery voltage display
- EzUHF digital link support
- Onboard microphone included
- Output power limitation protects your equipment in case of reverse polarity
- Extremely low ripple and low RF noise, two stage filtered and shielded.
- The cables required for connecting the Core PNP50 to your camera and video transmitter are included in the camera and video transmitter. In case you are just buying the TBS CORE PNP50 you may choose to add these cables.
- The EzUHF Link cable is required to connect your EzUHF 8ch Lite or EzUHF 8ch Diversity receiver to the TBS CORE PNP50. The 4ch EzUHF receiver does not provide the link port!
- For powering 12V cameras (e.g. FPV CCD cameras) or 12V transmitters, open the TBS Core PNP50's rear 4 screws and change the solder jumpers at the bottom of the internal board. The solder jumpers are conveniently labelled.
- If you'd like to pass external telemetry or audio from an external microphone, you can set the solder jumper for this at the bottom of the internal board as well. The audio in is the white cable on the CAM port.
This product was added to our catalog on June 1, 2016