Team Associated RC10 B5M Team Mid Motor 2WD Competition Electric Buggy Kit
This is the Team Associated B5M "Team" Mid Motor 2WD Competition Electric Buggy Kit. With 11 IFMAR World Championship titles under their belt, no manufacturer has been as successful in the 1/10 scale 2WD off road class as Team Associated. However, making the best even better is not an easy task. Area 51 designers took on the challenge. Countless hours of engineering and testing were done with a goal to retain the performance qualities of the B4, and push it to the next level.
Use the right tool for the job. Area 51 engineers designed the B5M to suit the needs of racers that race on high speed, high grip tracks where mid motor chassis have an advantage. The suspension and chassis adjustments allow the platform to be tuned for both dirt and multi-surface conditions, while maintaining the forgiving driving style racers have become accustomed to with AE vehicles.
No compromise design. The B5M Team Kit utilizes a dedicated mid motor configuration, but uses nearly 90% of the same parts as the rear motor B5 kit. An aluminum hard anodized chassis, gull wing front suspension arm geometry, Factory Team V2 threaded shocks and Factory Team VTS slipper clutch are included as standard equipment.
Making the best even better. The B5M has all the makings of a champion, and with the proven performance from Team Associated you're assured support no matter where you go. If high speed, high grip tracks are your game, the B5M has what it takes to give you the advantage.
RC10B5M Team Kit Features:
- Narrowed hard anodized aluminum chassis with centralized mass, mid motor position, metric hardware
- Chassis fits R.O.A.R. approved 2S saddle packs, 2S short packs and 2S square pack
- Factory Team V2 12mm “Big Bore” threaded aluminum shocks with 3mm shock shafts and updated O-rings for improved smoothness
- Factory Team VTS (Variable Torque multi-plate Slipper) with three drive surfaces and high-resolution spring
- 4-Gear Transmission has stronger gears, precision ball bearings, and a 14 carbide ball differential for increased life and torque capacity
- Adjustable front suspension mount angle kick-up options of 25˚ and 30˚ are included
- One-piece front axle/hex adapter and larger front wheel bearing for added durability
- Gullwing front suspension features heavy-duty steering and caster blocks, while the insert system allows for easy caster and trailing axle adjustments
- Heavy-duty lubricated ball cups and optimized ball studs allow for maximum suspension travel while reducing binding and friction
- Updated full bearing steering system with horizontal ball studs for finer Ackermann adjustments
- Rear hubs feature larger bearings as well as the quick and easy insert system to adjust camber link position and rear toe-in
- B5M clear body and wing included
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Buggy
Scale Size: 1/10 Scale
Assembly Level: Kit*
Width: Varies (Final width will vary depending on the tires used to complete the kit.)
Weight: Varies (Final weight will vary depending on the electronics and tires used to complete the kit.)
Needed to Complete:
- 1/10 scale electric motor
- 1/10 scale electronic speed control
- 7.4V LiPo or 6.0V LiFe battery (saddle pack, shorty pack, or square pack)
- Battery charger (able to charge one of the batteries mentioned above)
- 2-channel surface transmitter, and its batteries
- 2-channel receiver
- Steering servo
- Pinion gear (48 pitch)
- Polycarbonate-specific spray paint for body
- 1:10 scale buggy tires for 2.2” wheels
- Glue for tires and wheels
*NOTE: RC10B5M Team Kit shown equipped with items NOT included in kit; motor, battery, ESC, servo, receiver, and tires are not included. Body comes clear. Assembly and painting required.
This product was added to our catalog on May 1, 2014.
A couple of things I did on my setup that I believe helped it handle better out of the box were to first use lock-tite on the rear aluminum link nuts (#91416). Initially I had the screws back out on me and the hub just caves in making you think the rear arm broke but just throw a little lock-tite on both left and right sides and you'll be good. I also ran the 1.6 pistons in the front as well as the rear and put 35 weight oil up front to help dampen the jumps at my track a little better. Car is silent and I received many compliments my very first day at the track by how dialed it appeared to run. Get this kit and don't look back!! :))
Skipping to the point the build was beautiful and not complicated and made alot of sense. Some parts in the b5m manual did not match the included parts as I ended up with more anodized blue parts than the manual referenced. And there are times a piece is not mentioned in the assembly like the washer for the shock cap screws. However it looks like the kit had been upgraded a bit from the reviews I saw online with the launch kit. No slack in the wheels !
This is the most fun I've had with driving an rc car. Handles so easily and very predictable even at high speed. I run a Novak pulse v2 with team trinity square pack 2s at 6000mah and a reedy 7.0 turn motor. With airtronics Mt-4 transmitter everything fit in the car beautifully and the wiring is pristine. Even though the Esc is large still enough room for the receiver on its side. its amazing that at full throttle I can pull turns and quickly brake into a slide and shoot off the other direction with out flipping or rolling. you can get this car to flip of course but its not as easy as some . Sounds stupid but id even recommend this kit for a novice! just aloy of fun once you understand its driving dynamics. Oh and the jumps ... glorious ;))