Team Associated B4.2 Brushless RTR 1/10 2wd Buggy w/2.4GHz Radio
This is the Team Associated B4.2 Brushless Ready to Run 1/10 2wd Buggy. Team Associated's RC10B4 has been proven as a world-class competition buggy with five I.F.M.A.R. Worlds Championships and ten R.O.A.R. National Championships. Equally important are the countless club level and regional events that the B4 continues to win. The B4.2RS RTR is fully assembled and shares many of the same parts as the popular RC10B4.2 Factory Team kit. The B4.2RS RTR has also received upgraded features, like the Team Associated XP2G 2.4GHz radio system and XP metal gear steering servo. Power is supplied by a Reedy 3300kV brushless motor while the XP SC500-BL water-resistant electronic speed control with LiPo cutoff provides smooth throttle control.
The B4.2RS can also be upgraded as your skills improve and budget allow with the full line of Factory Team B4 hop-ups, as well as Reedy and LRP performance parts. Drive a genuine Team Associated B4.2RS RTR to the top of the podium today, or chances are you'll be chasing one.
- Fully assembled 2WD buggy based on the 5-time I.F.M.A.R. World Champion and 10-time R.O.A.R. National Champion platform
- XP SC500-BL brushless water resistant speed control with LiPo cutoff
- Powerful Reedy 3300kV brushless motor
- XP 2.4 GHz 2-channel radio system with digital, metal gear servo
- Water-resistant enclosed receiver box
- Blue anodized aluminum V2 coil-over shock absorbers
- Heavy-duty sealed gear differential with adjustable slipper clutch
- New high-traction compound tires pre-mounted on white hex drive wheels
- Factory-finished Interceptor 2.0 polycarbonate body
- Molded composite chassis and battery strap that fits NiMH or LiPo battery packs
- Rugged steel turnbuckles for adjustable camber and front toe-in
- Vertical ball ends for roll center adjustments, front and rear
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Buggy
Scale Size: 1:10 Scale
Assembly Level: Ready-To-Run*
Length: 377mm (14.84in)
Width: 250mm (9.84in)
Wheelbase: 273mm (10.75in)
Weight: 1530g (3.37lbs)
*NOTE: This vehicle is fully assembled and ready to run right out of the box. Some models may require a battery and/or charger.
Needed to Complete:
- 6-cell NiMH or 2S LiPo battery pack with T-Style Deans connector
- Battery charger (peak detection charger recommended)
- 6 AA batteries for radio
NOTE: The vehicle shown may not be an accurate representation of the body color/paint scheme you will receive. Paint schemes are selected randomly. The Team Associated B4.2 Brushless RTR model ASC9042 is available in two different color schemes: red/white and blue/white. If you would like a specific color, please contact our customer service department prior to placing your order and we will do our best to honor your request.
This product was added to our catalog on June 18, 2013.
If you watched me drive it, you might think that I am trying to destroy it. But it hasn't broken yet. It just keeps going and going. :)
It handles pretty decently on the clay track I run it on, but does not take hard landings well. You really need to be efficient at hitting the landings on jumps. That's why I would not recommend this buggy for a beginner who does a lot of bashing. The antenna housing snapped the first time the buggy landed on its roof.
My biggest criticism is that the connecting wires for a racing transmitter are tucked inside a protective plastic case. It's a royal pain to keep taking the cover of the case off and putting it back on to move the transmitter around if you're using one transmitter on multiple cars. I accidentally stripped some of the wires stored inside this "protective" case from taking the cover on and off so many times.
Overall I would say it's not a bad car for the price. But I'm pretty sure the new B5 is currently priced for less than what I paid for this buggy, so not sure why anyone would want to pay more for this older model. I would recommend this buggy for experienced to advanced RC drivers and racers. Newbies stay away!)