The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, also known as the Lancer Evo is a sports sedan manufactured by Mitsubishi Motors that is based on the normal Lancer. There have been ten official versions to date, and the designation of each model is most commonly a Roman numeral. All cars use two liter, turbocharged engines and all-wheel drive systems. The Evolution X variant was a fun and popular combination of rally-refined raciness and drivability. In 2007 it was released with a new DOHC 2-liter inline-4 boasting an aluminum block and giving 280hp. The production run ended in 2015 with the manufacture of 1,000 special "Final Edition" Lancer Evolution X's.
Tamiya brings the Lancer Evolution X to the R/C hobby in the form of a Drift Spec assembly kit. The TT-02 chassis on which this Lancer Evolution is mounted on is an amazing machine. The TT-02 chassis is an entry level 4WD full independent suspension assembly kit that offers ease of assembly and easy maintenance. The TT-02D is the Drift Spec variant that includes special parts to make it a fun to drive drifting machine.
The included tires are specifically designed for drifting and have less friction compared to semi-pneumatic rubber tires found on normal R/C touring cars. They provide a high level of control for effortless drifting.
- 443mm Length
- Headlight and taillight LEDs are included. (U.S. market only)
- Separately molded parts are included in the kit to recreate side mirrors and the distinctive rear wing.
- Features marking stickers to decorate the car, including carbon fiber pattern bonnet and wing pieces.
- Comes with 24mm width drift-spec tires on mesh wheels, CVA oil dampers, full ball bearings, a sport-tuned motor and aluminum motor heat sink.
- Includes a Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC and Sport Tuned motor. ESC features brushless motor mode for easy expandability for brushless motor power.
Note: Do not exceed a 21.5 turn motor when upgrading to a brushless motor.
Construction type: Assembly kit
Terrain use: On-Road
Drive type: Gearbox
Drive line: Dog bone
Differential type: Gear
Suspension: Fully independent double wishbone
Steering mechanism: Bell-crank
Shock damper: Oil-filled damper
Shock damper material: Plastic
Tire type: Rubber-drift type
Tire tread: Slick
Body material: Polycarbonate
Chassis material: Plastic
Electronic Speed Control (ESC): Included
ESC model: TBLE-02S
LED Light buckets: Yes
LED lights: Yes
Motor: 540-brushed type
Bearings: Shielded ball bearing
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Transmitter & Receiver Radio System
- 7.2V 6-Cell NiMH Battery & Compatible Charger
- Polycarbonate Paint
- Steering Servo
This product was added to our catalog on November 1, 2017