Staufenbiel's Red Bull F4U Corsair 1400mm is a stunning semi-scale replica of the F4U-4 flown by the Flying Bulls of Hangar-7 at Salzburg Airport, Austria. The use of Z-Foam™ material allows an incredibly durable and scale appearance, with remarkably light wing loading for outstanding flight performance. Durability is further increased with the use of composite reinforcement throughout the airframe, metal trunnions in the retracts and metal gears in all eight digital servos. As a result, expert details like working navigation lights, electric retracts, operational flaps and a four-blade propeller complement the feature list. For added cool-factor, the main landing gear action includes sequenced gear doors and all three flap sections of each wing move in a realistic manner.
The work required at the bench is minor since every electronic component, including the power system, is factory installed. Among those components is the industry-leading Spektrum™ AR636A receiver with built-in AS3X® technology. So you’ll also find that the time to perfectly trim-out the F4U is also very quick. That’s because the complex array of sensors and exclusive software used to develop the AS3X system in this Corsair has been specially tuned to make it fly like it’s on rails.
In cooperation with Red Bull, this beautiful flying warbird model has been replicated to match the appearance of the painstakingly maintained F4U-4 flown by the Flying Bulls.
The installed main landing gear feature reliable electric retraction and construction with metal trunnions with scale detail such as covers over the steel struts and sequencing gear doors.
Functional Scale Flaps
Operational scale flaps give this warbird a significantly greater flight envelope with the ability to takeoff in shorter distances and land more slowly.
LED Navigation Lights
The Red Bull F4U Corsair comes with fully installed navigation and landing lights. It gives the airplane an even more realistic experience and better flight orientation recognition.
Brushless Power System
The power system features a high-torque 32-size outrunner with a 540Kv rating and 70-amp ESC that when combined with your 2600–3600mAh 4S Li-Po battery delivers outstanding thrust.
Durable Z-Foam™ Material
Durable Z-Foam™ material provides the ability to replicate complex airframe detail with greater accuracy while delivering a very light flying weight.
Exclusive AS3X® Technology
The advanced AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A receiver is what helps give this F4U Corsair an incredibly solid look and feel in the air. It works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with specially tuned flight control software. As a result, the warbird experience you’d expect to have with a detailed model like this F4U is made even better because your workload to make the flight look authentic is significantly reduced.
- Officially licensed model of the Flying Bulls F4U-4
- AS3X® technology for rock-solid flight stability
- 6-channel control including a steerable tail wheel
- Operational scale flaps with independent servos, installed
- Retractable 90° rotating electric main landing gear (installed)
- Sequenced main landing gear doors (installed)
- Working LED navigation and landing lights (installed)
- Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A DSMX® receiver (installed)
- High-torque, 32-size brushless 540Kv motor (installed)
- 70-amp brushless ESC with 5A SBEC (installed)
- 8× Spektrum digital, metal-gear micro servos (installed)
- Lightweight construction with durable Z-Foam™ material
- Realistic 4-blade propeller and dummy radial engine
- Numerous scale features such as antenna, panel line, cockpit detail and more
Wingspan: 55.6 in (1400mm)
Overall Length: 49.0 in (1240mm)
Flying Weight: 86.1 oz (2440g)
Motor Size: Brushless 4250-KV580
Radio: Spektrum 6+ channel transmitter required
Servos: 6 × 9g servo; 2 × 17g servo
Trim Scheme Colors: Red Bull Trim Scheme
CG (center of gravity): 4.33 in (110mm) from leading edge
Prop Size: 14 × 8
Speed Control : 70A with 5A SBEC
Recommended Battery: 14.8V 2600mAh 25C Li-Po
Approx. Flying Duration: 6 minutes
Charger: Not included
Landing Gear: Yes
Assembly Time: 1-3 Hours
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Needed To Complete:
- 2600mAh 4S 14.8V 25C Li-Po battery
- AC/DC 4S Li-Po Compatible Balance Charger
- 6+ channel, full-range 2.4GHz transmitter with Spektrum™ DSM2®/DSMX® technology
This product was added to our catalog on October 30, 2015