Cutting edge technology, AR9030T Receiver, touch screen, WI-FI & Bluetooth!
The Spektrum iX12 is an intelligent 12-channel radio system matched with a powerful combination of features and next-level connectivity. Groundbreaking yet comfortably familiar, RC pilots of all aircraft types can use the iX12 to out fly everything in its class.
TOUCHSCREEN WITH ANDROID-POWERED INTERFACE
"Tap" into the iX12's programming - litterally! Its 4-inch, full-color, easy-to-read monitor delivers crisp, clear detail that includes state-of-the-art touchscreen technology so that navigation is simple. And, because the interface is a fully functional Android system with a dedicated quad-core processor, it will work with an evolving list of apps from the Google Play store.
When connected to Wi-Fi, the iX12 gets even smarter. Spektrum AirWare™ Touch app update-alerts are automatic, plus you can download model setups and add third-party apps. Listen to music on Spotify or Pandora directly from your radio or even update your Facebook status just before you fly.
The iX12 can connect with just about any Bluetooth device. Use wireless earbuds to hear voice alerts privately, or pair a set of speakers and listen to music. A wide range of other device uses are possible including file sharing, photo sharing and more.
- 12 fully proportional channels at 2048 resolution
- 4-inch color screen with Multi-Touch technology
- Android interface with a dedicated quad-core processor
- Intuitive Spektrum™ AirWare Touch programming app
- Compatible with Spektrum AirWare firmware G2 model setups
- Industry-leading Spektrum DSMX® 2.4GHz technology
- Plug and play TBS Crossfire CRSF long-range technology compatible
- WiFi connectivity and convenience
- Easy access to updates, apps and the Internet
- Bluetooth connectivity for compatible devices
- Customizable audio events with WAV and MP3 support
- Programmable text-to-speech voice alerts
- Voice alerts over speaker, headphones or Bluetooth
- Integrated telemetry support delivers critical real-time data
- Wireless trainer link for instruction and flight simulation
- Built-in 2.4GHz diversity antennas for the most robust signal link possible
- Fast 11ms frame rate with compatible receivers
- Superb ergonomics based on user feedback
- Smooth quad-bearing gimbals with front-access adjustments
- 250-model internal memory, plus SD card expansion
- AR9030T telemetry receiver included
- Rechargeable 6,000mAh Li-Ion transmitter battery pack
- Convenient Micro-USB charging and connectivity
# of Channels: 21
Receiver: AR9030T 9 CH Air Telemetry Receiver
Model Memory: 250
Modes: User Selectable Mode 1-4
Transmitter (Tx) Battery Type: 3.7V 1S 6000 mAh Lithium Ion Battery
Switch: 3 POS
Experience Level: Advanced
Importing models from any g2 radio is simple and easy.
It is a little confusing at first but once you connect to wifi and update the airware you are good to go. I like that you can set your model then switch screens and go to android and use your apps. The model stays active and now you are surfing the web playing music and so much more. When you turn off the unit and turn it back on it's automatically on your last Model even though the Android screen is showing your transmitter is now active. I also like the standby mode you can place your transmitter in standby instead of turning it off and having to reboot. The reboot process does take about 2 minutes for Android however your air where is running in the background and still comes on immediately.
I have only scratched the surface of what this thing can do. The other nice feature is that the programming is the same as all the other Spektrum platforms. The only difference is it's a touch screen. So no real learning a whole new system. Also when you activate a monitor you can tell it how many channels to monitor instead of having all 12 active and you're only running a 6 channel receiver or such. And for those of us that have way too many toys you can sort your models by type when looking them up in the screen instead of having to scroll through 50 or 60 models. You can tell a lot of thought went into designing this platform. And the best thing of all is that it is upgradeable so as new versions of firmware come out it is easily downloaded through Wi-Fi. No more cables and SD cards and copying and pasting. Simple upgrade and simple Android platform.
Also horizon suppprt has a whole series of instructional videos to support the use on youtube.
Just sum it up if you're looking for a great radio and are a tech savvy person this is a radio for you. I could go on and on but so far I have nothing bad to say about this radio.
Had an old DX7! Good radio of its day but model set up and select was a pain.
The IX12 takes that all away.. I now had it out for couple times now. First outing was from 7 am till 3 pm on a 28* F day. Battery held up to 34%. The feel of the radio is comfortable. I feel this radio will carry me for awhile in the hobby.