Spektrum RC DX8 8-Channel Full Range DSMX Transmitter (Transmitter Only)
This is the Spektrum DX8 8-Channel Full Range DSMX Transmitter. The DX8's powerful Spektrum AirWare software was developed exclusively by Spektrum from the ground up. This software includes all the programming functions an expert pilot could want, but you don't have to be an expert to use them. The DX8's intuitive Simple Scroll™ interface lets you "roll and click" your way between menus with ease. And all the information is presented in crisp, clear detail on a big, backlit LCD screen.
In Depth Features:
- Electronic E-Ring: When programming the cyclic and pitch mixing for a helicopter, it is possible for the sum of the two mixing values to exceed the mechanical travel limits of the servos. This can cause them to be overdriven into a locked position. Spektrum AirWare's Electronic E-Ring prevents this by automatically limiting servo travel if the sum of the cyclic and pitch values exceeds servo limits.
- Active Gyro and Governor Trim: Fine tune rotor speed and gyro gain while in flight using trim switches you assign.
- Enhanced Wing Type Programming: When selecting a wing type for an airplane, Spektrum AirWare graphically depicts the type you've chosen and will automatically configure the necessary mixes for the pilot. This saves time and reduces the chances for error when programming complex control surface configurations.
- Built-In Telemetry. Fly Smarter with Vital Model Feedback: The DX8's built-in telemetry feature gives you vital, real-time information about what's happening with your model in flight using optional sensors; information that can prevent crashes and maximize performance. The telemetry data appears in an easy-to-read format on the large backlit LCD screen so you can reference it at a glance. You can also have the DX8 alert you with an audio or vibe alarm whenever any telemetry values exceed limits you define. The DX8 will initially be able to track four key safety and performance factors:
- Battery Voltage: Never again will you have to wonder whether or not you have enough voltage to keep flying. Being able to monitor voltage will also help you detect a worn out battery pack before it prematurely ends your flight. The telemetry module is plugged into the receiver and will automatically relay receiver voltage. A separate sensor for tracking main battery voltage in electric aircraft is available.
- Temperature: Is there enough airflow reaching an electric motor? Is my battery getting too hot? With the DX8, you will get real-time answers and be able to take action well before damage occurs. The temp sensor is sold separately.
- Signal Quality: The telemetry module will keep tabs on the quality of the signal coming to the receiver and send this information back to the DX8 where it is represented on the LCD screen using a familiar "signal bar" scale.
- RPM: Pilots can use the RPM telemetry data to check the effectiveness of new mixture settings, new battery packs, or perhaps a new propeller/motor combination. The RPM sensor is sold separately.
- Spektrum Data Interface. Share. Expand. Save: Beyond software and telemetry, the DX8 is also the first Spektrum radio to introduce the Spektrum Data Interface™. The SDI is designed for use with standard SD memory cards and adds a whole new level of flexibility and ease-of-use. With the SDI, you will be able to:
- Share Model Setups: Share setups with other DX8 owners at the field or transfer them from your SD card to your PC and attach them to an e-mail. This makes it easy to gain from the experience of others or help others succeed.
- Save More Models to Memory: The DX8 has enough on-board memory for up to 30 models before you even need to think about using the SDI. But with the SDI, memory for thousands of models could be stored on the SD card or transferred to a PC hard drive for backup.
- Stay Up to Date: With the Spektrum Data Interface, you won't have to send your DX8 into a service center to get the latest Spektrum AirWare enhancements. You can download them onto your SD card and upload them to the DX8 yourself.
- Superior Ergonomics. Made to Fit the Way You Fly: The DX8's weight distribution and ergonomics have been optimized to fit the way you fly. The result is a sense of balance and comfort that perfectly complements the speed and precision of DSM2 technology. Some of the more notable features include:
- Comfortable, no-slip rubber grips
- Adjustable stick length and tension
- Smooth, quad-bearing gimbals
- User-adjustable mode configurations (1, 2, 3 or 4)
- User-assigned switch functions
- Easy-to-read backlit screen
- Intuitive SimpleScroll programming interface
Features at a Glance:
- High-speed 11ms frame rate with 2048 resolution
- 30-model internal memory
- Large 128 x 64 backlit screen
- Includes 2000mAh NiMH battery pack
- Includes SD card for Spektrum™ Data Interface
- Includes global 12V charger with adapters for international use
- Includes Spektrum neckstrap
- Spektrum Data Interface for expanded model memory, model sharing and firmware updates
- Exclusive Spektrum AirWare™ software
- SimpleScroll™ programming interface for easy menu navigation
- Electronic E-ring electronically prevents overdriving the cyclic servos
- 5-point graphic tail curve
- 5-point graphic throttle and pitch curve
- Active gain and governor trim allows in-flight adjustment
- Swashplate timing
- Telemetry alerts (vibe and audible)
- 6 swashplate types
- 3-position flap switch with flap delay and elevator compensation programming
- 8 wing types and 5 tail types
- Language select (English, Italian, French, Spanish or German)
- User-assigned switch function
- Programmable throttle cut
- Refined ergonomics with no-slip comfort grips
- Programmable timer with throttle timer startup
- Quad bearing gimbals
# of Channels: 8
Programming Features: Airplane and heli
Model Memory: 30
Modes: 1, 2*, 3 or 4 (*Default)
- DX8 8-Channel Transmitter
- Spektrum DX8 Neck Strap
- 2000mah 7.4V Li-Ion Battery
- International 12V DC Power Supply with Adapters
This product was added to our catalog on February 5, 2014.