This is the Serpent Spyder SRX-2 SC 1/10 Scale Electric 2WD Short Course Truck Kit. The Spyder SRX-2 is a rear-motor 2WD competition level short course kit featuring a composite chassis, composite shock towers, durable large front and rear bumpers, ball-differential, slipper clutch, double wishbone suspension with long arms and big-bore 12mm long-travel hard coated shocks. To finish off the truck, the kit includes a stylish Short Course body with flares and Short Course wheels.
- High performance race geometry
- Very long wishbones
- Unique steering block design
- Big bore 12mm RCM type shocks with dual system
- Highly efficient steering ackermann
- Wide side guards with polycarbonate inserts
- Rear motor design
- Adjustable rear differential height
- 3 pad slipper clutch / ball differential
- Narrow composite chassis design
- Light SC body with flares
- Chassis: Composite chassis plate with a layout allowing for a perfect weight balance, and optimal space for the electronics, battery and servo. The front Kick-up angle in the chassis incorporates more clearance for racing and allow for more nose landings.
- Shock Towers: Durable composite front and rear shock towers, with multiple shock angle positions allowing drivers to fine tune for varying track conditions.
- Shock Absorbers: Dual system 12mm big bore shocks with hard coated threaded bodies, a unique cap design, a superbly sealing o-ring and spacer package outfit the truck. The Shocks can be used in Bladder or Emulsion setups. The shock-set comes with a set of moulded pistons to choose from. A selection of 5 springs-sets are available to fine-tune the suspension settings. Shock Collars with inner o-rings are used on the threaded bodies to set-ride height.
- Front Upper Bulkhead: The front upper bulkhead supports the upper links and shock tower in the best possible way. The front section offers the option to mount a front sway bar unit.
- Front Bumper System: The durable composite front bumper system will absorb the worst of head on crashes.
- Front Wishbones: The long front Wishbones are made from a super strong composite material. The arms are angled to optimize the CG and pivot on 3mm captured pins on the inside and out. The arms have 2 mounting positions for shock angle and are prepared to use an optional anti-roll bar if needed.
- Front & Rear Track Rods: Spring steel front and rear track rods are mounted to durable composite captured ball joints. The track Rods have L/R threading for easy adjustments.
- Castor Blocks & Settings: Caster block inserts come as 0, 2.5 and 5 degree version all of which are included. The caster blocks are very compact and strong, made from a special composite material.
- Steering Block & Rear Upright: The steering blocks fit 5x10x4mm bearings. The rear hub uprights use a larger 5x14x4mm outer bearing and 10x15x4mm inner for ultimate lasting performance. The steering blocks and rear uprights utilize some of the best high strength materials on the market today.
- Upright Settings: The rear uprights allow you to adjust, the toe in from -2 to + 2 degrees by use of various inserts also included in the kit.
- Steering System & Ackermann: The steering system has a reverse swinging pivot system that optimizes the efficiency through all different types of corners. You have 3 Ackerman choices to choose from.
- Wheel-Axles & Wheel Hex: The spring steel wheel-axles utilized 12mm hex adapter to follow current market standards. The front springs steel axle is fixed, while the rear wheel-hex is a clamping aluminum version.
- Battery Space Mount & Weight Balance: The battery is mounted perfectly in the center line of the car. Its an exact fit for saddle packs. In case of using a Shorty-pack, it can be moved to front or back to play with weight balance. Pieces of hard foam are supplied to do so and secure the battery in position. The carbon fiber battery-top-brace has a secure quick release system with handy aluminum twist nuts.
- Side Guards: The side-guards (or nerf-bars) are an innovative construction. The sideguards are made wide, so it supports the sides of the body well. The inside of the guards are open, but filled with polycarbonate sheets. In jumps with SC trucks you have the ballooning effect, as wind is captured under the body, losing stability. The closed section on the Serpent Spyder SC will largely prevent that from happening, creating better balanced jumping and more stability. The precut polycarbonate sheets come clear and can be painted.
- Differentials: The limited slip ball differential is a super compact, effective, and utilize 1/8th inch diff balls for ultimate durability. The structure and assembly is common type in this class, but the high quality parts and well functioning will make it stand out. The height of the diff can be changed with inserts.
- Motor Plate & Motor Guard: The motor plate comes in black anodized aluminum.
- Anti-Roll Bars: Anti-roll bars can be fitted on the front and rear of the car, but are optional. They can be used on high grip surfaces to further adjust the cars performance
- Rear Transmission Case: The composite rear transmission case is light and durable. It allows the driver to adjust the differential height to each specific condition. It also securely holds the motor plate, differential as well as supports the rear wing mount and rear carbon fiber shock tower.
- Rear Driveshaft System, Wheel-Axles: The spring steel drive shafts are thin and light, yet durable. The spring steel wheel-axles are 5mm, light and durable, guided by the 2 different size of bearings, inner 10x14x4mm and outer 5x13x4mm. The driveshaft pin is fully captured to prevent any failure. These bearings are for sure to stand up the rigors of any track condition.
- Rear Suspension Brackets & Toe-In: The 3mm spring steel pivot pins are held in place by the suspension bracket made from aluminum. Inside the bracket you use inserts to set toe-in and roll center. You can adjust the toe-in from 2 to 4 degrees and adjust the anti squat from 0 to 4 degrees.
- Rear Suspension Arms: The long and durable angled rear suspension arms are built very tough to withstand the rigors of the track and the hard landings. The rear arm offers 2 options for shock position and two mounting locations for the rear anti-roll bar if needed.
- Rear Chassis Skid Plate: The composite rear skid plate connects to the chassis plate. This connection allows you to unclip the rear end in one piece, but helps reduce the total cost of maintenance. It is also made from extremely high strength composite material.
- Rear Bumper: The rear bumper section is a very durable unit, easy to disassemble, and fits well with the rear of the body, to absorb the worst of back-end crashes.
- Body & Rear Wing: The light realistic looking Short Course style body is made from top quality clear polycarbonate. It features a a nice flowing line with a steep front windscreen for optimal down force. The separate flares in the rear section help for stability in jumps, high speed and cornering.
- Ball Bearings: High speed sealed stainless steel ball bearings with aeroshell oil keep the drivetrain running smooth.
- Fastners: Hard steel, mostly allen screws, round head and counter sunk included. This minimizes the number of different allen heads to make working on the car easier.
- Wheels: Durable white Serpent Short Course wheels included.
Length: 540mm (with body)
Width: 295mm (varies with set-up)
Gear Ratio: 2.43:1
- Racing chassis
- Clear body and rear wing
- Front and rear 12mm wheels
- Full color manual and decals
Needed to Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Motor & Motor Pinion Gear
- Steering Servo
- Electric Speed Control
- Tires & Tire Glue
- 7.4V 2S LiPo Battery
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Polycarbonate Paint (for body)
This product was added to our catalog on July 31, 2014
Definitely buy the alternative spider gear diff. kit...….ball diff didn't hang long @ all (3800KV and 3S took it out QUICKLY. Crispy critter). Kit for SRX2 w/ plastic 51 tooth gear was back ordered...but the gear diff kit for SRX4 (which was in stock) fit perfectly w/ aluminum gear. 1 degree negative camber @ all corners, "zero" toe in and this thing is pretty fun on a small course in my back yard. W/ throttle control it is very pointable...especially for a 2WD w/ no driver assist. Fly's pretty level and will launch the front end when the back end catches good grip.