Serpent Spyder SRX-2 MM Mid Motor 2WD Competition Electric Buggy Kit
This is the Serpent Spyder SRX-2 MM Mid Motor 2WD Competition Electric Buggy Kit. 1/10 scale 2wd World Champion Billy Easton has developed this mid motor masterpiece so that racers who compete on high grip clay or astro turf tracks will have a car that is optimized for these unique conditions. This no compromise design shares the front end and many other parts with the SRX-2 RM, but the rear end features geometry and parts that are unique to the SRX-2 MM model. With two condition specific designs to choose from, the SRX-2 series from Serpent is guaranteed to deliver the highest level of performance possible.
Spyder SRX-2 MM Features:
- High performance race geometry
- Mid motor design
- Mid motor specific rear end geometry
- Unique steering block design
- Big bore 12mm RCM type shocks with dual system
- Innovative shock tower design
- Highly Efficient Steering ackermann
- Adjustable rear differential height
- 3 pad slipper clutch
- Narrow composite chassis design
- Low, cab forward body
In Depth Features:
- Chassis: Composite chassis plate with a layout allowing for a perfect weight balance, and optimal space for the electronics, battery and servo. The front Kick-up angle in the Chassis provides more clearance and makes the car more forgiving in nose down landings.
- Carbon Fiber Front & Rear Shock Towers: The 4mm thick carbon fiber shock towers have multiple shock angle positions to fine tune the car for various track conditions.
- 12mm Big Bore Shock Absorbers: The dual system 12mm big bore shocks feature hard coated threaded shock bodies and a unique cap design, combined with a superb o-ring and spacer package. The Shocks can be used with either a Bladder or Emulsion setup and the kit includes a set of molded pistons to choose from. Shock Collars with inner o-rings are used on the threaded bodies to set-ride height and an optional set of 5 springs-sets is available to fine-tune the suspension settings.
- Front Upper Bulkhead: The front upper bulkhead supports the upper links and shock tower. The front section allows the option to mount a front wing and sway bar unit
- Front Wishbones: The front Wishbones are made from a super strong composite material. The arms are angled to optimize the CG and pivot on 3mm captured pins on the innner and outter arm. The arms have 2 mounting positions for shock angle and can use an optional anti-roll bar if needed.
- Front & Rear Track Rods: Spring steel front and rear track rods are mounted to durable composite captured ball joints. The track Rods have L/R threading for easy adjustments.
- Caster Blocks & Settings: Includes 0, 2.5 and 5 degree caster block inserts. The caster blocks are compact and strong, made from a special composite material.
- Steering Blocks & Rear Uprights: The steering blocks fit 5x10x4mm bearings. The rear hub uprights use larger 5x14x4mm outer and 10x15x4mm inner bearings for performance and durability. The steering blocks and rear uprights utilize some of the best high strength materials available.
- Rear Upright Settings: The rear uprights use included inserts to adjust the toe in from -2 to + 2 degrees.
- Steering System & Ackermann: The steering system has a reverse swinging pivot system that optimizes the efficiency through all different types of corners. You have 3 Ackerman choices to choose from.
- Wheel-axles & Wheel Hex: The spring steel wheel-axles use a 12mm hex adapter to follow current market standards. The front spring steel axle is fixed, while the rear wheel-hex is a clamping aluminum version.
- Battery Space Mount & Weight Balance: The battery is mounted perfectly in the center line of the car. The design is optimized for saddle packs, but if a shorty type pack is used the battery can be moved forward or back to adjust the weight balance. Pieces of hard foam are included to secure the battery in position. The battery-top-brace has a secure quick release system with handy twist nuts.
- Differential: The limited slip ball differential is a super compact, effective and durable unit. Utilizing 1/8 inch diff balls for ultimate durability. The structure and assembly similar to others in this class, but the high quality parts and function will make it stand out. The height of the diff can be changed.
- Motor Plate & Motor Guard: The motor plate is a machined, anodized and lightened. The composite motor guard will keep your motor protected even after the hardest landings.
- Anti-Roll Bars: Anti-roll bars can be fitted on the front and rear of the car, but are optional and are not included. They are recommended for high grip surfaces to tune the performance.
- Rear Transmission Case: The composite rear transmission case is light and durable. It allows the customer to adjust the differential height for specific conditions. It also securely holds the motor plate and differential, and also supports the rear wing mount and carbon fiber rear shock tower.
- Rear Driveshaft System & Wheel Axles: The spring steel drive shafts are thin and light, yet durable. The spring steel wheel-axles are 5mm, light and durable, supported by 10x14x4mm inner and 5x13x4mm outer bearings. These bearings are for sure to stand up the rigors of any track condition. The driveshaft pin is fully captured to prevent any failure.
- Rear Suspension Brackets & Toe In: The 3mm spring steel pivot pins are held in place by the aluminum suspension bracket. Inserts are used inside the bracket to set toe-in and roll center. You can adjust the toe-in from 2 to 4 degrees and adjust the anti squat from 0 to 4 degrees.
- Rear Suspension Arms: The mid motor specific long and durable angled rear suspension arms are very tough, and designed to withstand the rigors of the track and the hard landings. The rear arm offers 2 options for shock position and two mounting locations for the optional rear anti-roll bar if used.
- Rear Chassis Skid Plate: The composite rear skid plate connects to the chassis plate and is molded from extremely high strength composite material. This connection allows you to unclip the rear end in one piece, but helps reduce the total cost of maintenance.
- Body Shell & Rear Wing: The light and low, cab-forward style body is molded from top quality clear polycarbonate and features a nice flowing line with a steep front windscreen for down force with indents in front of the windscreen. The shark fin on the roof of the cabin offers looks good and aids in stability. The polycarbonate rear wing utilizes raised sections in the sides to improve wheel clearance.
- Rear Wing Holder: The composite rear wing holder is connected to the rear bulkhead and shock tower. It is fully adjustable from 0, 2, 4, 6 and 8 degrees. Its fixed into place by a washers and screws.
- Ball Bearings: Includes high speed sealed stainless steel ball bearings lubricated with aeroshell oil.
- Fasteners: Hard steel, mostly hex roundhead and countersunk screws. Minimized number of screw sizes to make working on the car easier.
- Wheels: Durable white nylon flat faced wheels, specifically designed to utilize the advancements in the front and rear suspension geometry.
Width: Varies with set-up
Gear Ratio: 2.43:1
Weight: Varies with electronics used
- Racing chassis
- Clear body and rear wing
- Front and rear wheels with 12mm hex
- Full color manual and decals
Needed to Complete:
- 2-Channel Transmitter
- High Speed Steering Servo
- 540 Motor & Electronic Speed Control
- 7.2V - 7.4V Battery Pack & Compatible Charger
- Pinion Gear
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- Tires for 2.2" wheels
- CA Glue for Tires
This product was added to our catalog on January 29, 2014.
For the price and the limited time in production, With all the above taken into account, It is a very good choice and worth sticking with, Cant wait to see the next version.)