Serpent S811 "Cobra Sport" 1/8 Scale Off Road Buggy Kit
This is the Serpent S811 "Cobra Sport" 1/8 Scale Off Road Nitro Buggy Kit. Based off the highly successful high end Serpent 1/8 scale Cobra 811 Buggy, the Cobra Sport is packed with many comparable features to the Cobra but at an entry level price. With features like a four wheel drive drivetrain, three gear differentials, a race clutch, 16mm big bore shocks, aluminum shock towers and aluminum chassis, plus the advantage of being fully upgradeable with parts and options from the high end kit, it's easy to see that the Cobra Sport is packed with the features to be a serious race buggy.
- Chassis Plate: Chassis plate in 3mm 7075 T6 aluminum, with machined pockets to create flex and or make lighter. Kick-up angle on front for easier landings. Countersunk holes. Slots to locate the front and rear suspension mounts precisely. Angled sides to increase stiffness. Laser engraved Cobra logo.
- Bumper: Large rounded nylon bumper that withstands impact after large jumps, and makes landing more subtle. Also protects the front swaybar assembly and front suspension brackets.
- Chassis Stiffeners: Composite stiffener front and rear, to give extra stiffness, but still allow some flex as needed.
- Central Diskbrake System: Very low and centrally placed brake system for low center of gravity with glass fiber brake disks, combined with thick steel plates which wont bend under pressure.
- Radio-box: Composite radio box which offers space for a lay-down steering servo and the upright placed brake-throttle servo. Sufficient spacers are supplied for correct fitting of the servo’s. The receiver and battery can be placed safely under the large cap. The transponder can be mounted in the central part, between the servo and receiver box. The whole assembly including linkages which can be taken off easily and fast in one go, when cleaning the car, or doing maintenance.
- Servo Arms & Linkage: The servo arms have a splined insert to have the right fit per brand. The linkage runs very clean and tight and are easy to access to modify settings.
- Suspension Brackets: Durable nylon suspension brackets. Precision fit for the nylon roll center inserts and pivot balls/pins.
- Steering Block Assembly: Composite steering blocks combined with 10° C-hubs for precise steering. Steel wheel-axles with larger size inner bearings with precision threaded aluminum wheel-hubs. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts guarantee that you will not loose a wheel nut in a race.
- Front Suspension: Durable oversized lower suspension arms in strong composite nylon. Setscrews are mounted on the lower side down stops. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grub screw from the bottom.
- Front Anti-roll Bar: The ball raced front anti-roll bar system, consists of a spring steel bend wire, which is guided through the diff-cases and run in ball raced steel adapters. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivot ball, for very precise and low friction operation.
- Front Shock Tower & Body Mounts: 4.0mm thick anodized aluminum shock tower with 3 upper positioning holes for the shocks and and 5 holes for roll-center positions. 1 centrally located adjustable body mount, and 2 forward mounted adjustable body mounts, all with flip-tops.
- Angled Steering System/Servo Saver: The bell cranks are angled to reduce the difference in angle between the total caster and steering plane. Therefore you will have less bump steer and a truer steering Ackerman through the entire range of suspension.
- Ackerman Plates: With the design of the steering bell cranks when changing the Ackerman you will not need to adjust your steering tie rods. You only need to adjust your end points on your radio.
- Rear Suspension Arms: Durable oversized lower suspension arms in strong composite nylon. On the lower side the down stops set-screws are mounted. The lower shock-mounting pins are secured with a small grubscrew from the bottom.
- Rear Upright Assembly: Composite uprights with 3 upper roll-center positions. Strong steel track-rods with L/R threading and strong ball joints to pre-set camber. Steel wheel-axles with large size bearings 8X16X5 (2) and 15x21x4 (2) with precision threaded aluminum wheel-hubs. Flanged and serrated wheel nuts to guarantee that you will not loose a wheel nut in a race.
- Rear Anti-Roll Bar: The ball raced front anti-roll bar system, consist of a spring steel bend wire, which is guided through the diff-cases and runs in ball raced steel adapters. The wire is linked to the lower suspension arm, with a captured adjustable threaded pivot ball, for very precise and low friction operation.
- Rear Shock Tower: 4.0mm thick anodized aluminum shock tower, integrated into the rear section for extra stiffness, with 3 upper positioning holes for the shocks and 5 holes for roll-center positions.
- Rear Wing Mount & Body Mount: Composite low rear wing, with strong nylon adjustable rear body mounts on wide body-support bridge located far enough to the rear to support the body.
- Captured Pivot Pins & Balls, & Bolted Hinge Pins: All steel hinge pins are either captured or bolted in place. This insures your chances to finish an hour long main event, while battling for the lead. This relieves stress on the hinge pin when adjusting the kick up, or anti squat. Your pin is free to rotate to any angle without binding.
- 16mm Big-Bore Shock Absorbers: Coated aluminum shock bodies with 4mm shock-rods. Black anodized aluminum screw on shock-tops. Pre-load adjusters with nylon spacers. Shocks use large diameter membranes and large diameter o-rings and bushings to create a super smooth and leak-proof package. Large diameter pistons are held in place by a nut on the polished shock-rods tops. Open type spring retainer to let dirt out easy.
- RCM Shock Springs: Short type color coded shock springs are supplied for the 1st standard set-up. Springs are ground flat top and bottom, and checked individually for tension and length.
- Front CVD- & Rear Dogbone Driveshafts: Both front steel driveshafts are being used with CVD system. Durable steel driveshafts with hard steel pins. In the rear a dogbone type system is used.
- Strong Steel Transmission Parts: The front and rear steel shafts connect the differentials with the gearbox section.
- Engine Mount: Machined aluminum engine mounts for stable engine mounting.
- Coil Exhaust Wire & Aluminum Mount: The tuned pipe is securely fastened with the coil spring and an aluminum holder. Helps aid in the front to back movement of the pipe when chassis flex occurs. This also helps to prevent damage to the exhaust gaskets.
- 3-shoe Clutch: Full carbon 3 shoe clutch system with medium type springs. A light and durable anodized aluminum flywheel is also included.
- 125cc Fuel Tank: Composite nyon fuel tank with super sealing spring loaded shock-cap, bronze sintered clunk type filter and splash-side guard. The side of the tank also features slots to mount the supplied fuel tube-guiders. The tank mounts to the chassis on longer composite posts with integrated rubber buffers to allow some movement and reduce fuel-foaming. This system will allow the engine to continue running even while the car is up-side-down.
- Low Profile Air Filter: Centralized air filter design to minimize cab width and height. A flexible rubber boot combined with a strong nylon case supports the foam elements. Excellent dense foam airfilter elements keep your engine clean inside.
- Body: Sleek, low style polycarbonate buggy body, with lines provided and masking sheet too.
- Rear Wing: Large low rear wing in durable nylon with good down force and special shaped for best airflow over and through the wing.
- Oils & Grease: Shock-oil, diff oil and some grease is supplied to meet the standard set-up.
- Manual & Set-Up: Full color manual with easy to follow assembly steps, exploded views for easy spares ordering, a blank and standard set-up sheet for a good start set-up.
- Decals: Black and white promo body-decals; Serpent generic and Cobra ones.
- Packing: Parts are packed according to the steps explained in the manual.
- Service & Support: The Serpent distributor, dealer or agent is your source for more info, but also the Serpent website, member section and Youtube channel provides lots of information.
- Fully Upgradeable: All the regular parts and the option parts of the race version of the buggy also fit the Sport-buggy. This Sport buggy can also handle higher level racing, but option parts will help to make the car more consistent and faster. So you can select the sections which you like to upgrade step by step. Best recommendations would be to have a selection of shock springs, anti-roll bars, and tires.
Class: 1/8 scale 4wd buggy, nitro powered
Weight: approx ~ 3,500 grams (depends on radio-gear and engine)
Clutch: 3-carbon shoe centrifugal
Differential: Lightweight & small gear (front, center & rear)
Brake: piston type with fiber glass disks
Shocks: 16mm big bore
Fuel Tank: 125ccm, with integrated bronze filter
- Silicone oil
- Full color manual
- Decal sheet
Needed to Complete:
- .21 Class Engine & Exhaust System
- Electronics (Radio, Receiver, Servos, Switch)
- Tires, Wheels, Inserts & CA Glue
- Receiver Battery & Charger
- Fuel & Glow Ignitor
- Starting System
This product was added to our catalog on September 20, 2012.