The Serpent ERYX 411-4.1 1/10 Electric Touring Car is the next development stage for the 411 platform. Featuring an ultra low center of gravity, optimized weight distribution, high performance geometry and top quality materials throughout, the ERYX is your car for personal best times!
Serpent is offering this ERYX 411 4.1 version car as alternative to the Project 4X car, for drivers that are looking for a more regular looking car and with a lower price tag. The ERYX 4.1 is still a high end racing car with lots of tuning options and is suitable for all levels of racing.
NOTE: Painted body and tires shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Centrally mounted ball raced dual pivot steering assembly-rack in aluminium.
- Offset steering linkage for correct steering geometry and Ackermann.
- System pivots on wider, low steering-shafts, creating a more direct steering feel.
- Bearing in the levers are pressed inside for a play-free assembly.
- Unique and innovative carbon fiber servo holder.
- Zero influence on tweak; it floats above the chassis and mounted directly to the steering-assembly in the center of the car.
- Low-Weight Design
- Suspension Brackets:
- Equipped with separately mounted suspension brackets on both the front and rear of the car for adjusting the cars toe-in and track-width.
- Each bracket features an easily recognizable number that corresponds to the setting being used.
- Mounted to allow the user to easily and accurately adjust their cars settings.
- Brackets are designed to be used in any position in the car.
- Inner brackets FR and RR are now split type, to allow for more flex.
- Split suspension blocks are mirror type, allowing them to be used on either the left or right and obtain a different desired setting.
- Less blocks needed to obtain a variety of settings.
- Standard ones: 3.5/ 0.5 split blocks in the rear, 2.0/ 0.5 in the front.
- Spring-Steel CVD's:
- Supplied with a complete set of four high quality hard coated spring-steel CVD shafts.
- A highly consistent, efficient and durable way to transfer all the power the surface.
- Chassis plate and top deck:
- Very narrow chassis plate is machined from 2.0mm carbon.
- All holes in the base of the chassis have been countersunk.
- Chassis further features extra holes to mount weights and additional stiffeners.
- Holes are as close to the center line of the chassis, to create even flex.
- Flex type 2mm top deck to allow for optimal flex.
- Battery pack is kept in place by 2 mounts on the center line of the car.
- Two composite mounts with slits to mount the glass-tape or use hook and loop battery straps.
- 2-belt configuration with a long front and a short rear Kevlar reinforced low friction belt.
- Precision molded gears makes for a super smooth and free drive train.
- Shock towers:
- 2.5mm thick carbon fiber shock towers on the front and rear of the car.
- Each tower sports many holes for adjustment of the shock angle.
- Rear tower also acts as the mount for the rear body posts and the front tower accommodates a 3rd front body post.
- Supplied with a front spool which has been made from hard anodized aluminium and is used with blades to increase lifespan.
- Shape has been optimized to ensure that the spool is as light as possible without compromising strength.
- Anti-roll bars:
- Supplied with coded anti-roll bars front and rear with a composite centering bracket.
- Anti-roll bars are available in a number of thicknesses and are connected to the wishbones using short adjustable track rods, connected with a pivot ball to the lower front wishbone, and with a ball directly to the rear lower wishbone.
- Run in small tapered nylon inserts, and the anti-roll bar is centered through one captured center bushing.
- C-hubs Front:
- Front C-hub system in a hard composite material.
- Car comes standard with a 4-degree caster block but is also supplied with a pair of 2 and 6-degree blocks.
- C-hub is large enough to take out the drive-shaft assembly without dis-assembling the c-hubs.
- Front suspension:
- Front suspension sports a hard composite wishbone.
- Upper camber adjustment is handled using an aluminium track rod which is strong, lightweight and can easily handle impacts.
- Rear section with harder arms:
- Stronger hard lower wishbones.
- Lower wishbones can be used on both the left and right sides, minimizing the number of spare parts needed to bring to the track.
- Rear hard upright features a pivot pin mounting point on the bottom and 2 upper camber link mounting holes for fine-tuning camber rise.
- Central section:
- Machined aluminium motor bracket is super-light and low and suits both stock and mod gearing well.
- Small front aluminum bracket can be fitted with an aluminum bushing with long screw to connect to the top-deck and can be removed to create extra flex.
- Separate machined brackets hold the light aluminium middle shaft/ 19T pulley.
- Gear Differential:
- Composite Gear differential with new material composite gears and X-axle.
- Supplied with a lightweight and smooth rear gear-differential.
- Super small differential can handle all the power of BL motors.
- Gear-diff can also be used on the front.
- Updated version has new type composite internal gears and 3.5mm x-shape shaft and features coated aluminium outdrives.
- Metal gears can also still be used or mixed with composite.
- Big bore shocks:
- Updated big bore on road shock lower the center of gravity even further.
- Includes threaded coated shock-bodies, pre-load shock nuts with O-ring, harder membranes , super smooth and strong shock-rods with clip to hold the piston, perfectly machined pistons ( 1,2,3 and 4 holes in kit) in a new yellow material , top-level x-ring /bushing package, light spring-cups, strong ball joints, pre-oiled x-rings.
- High quality race-springs included with color coding, ground flat for even load.
- Front bumper has been made from a high impact absorbing foam material and is shaped to protect the entire front end of the car in the event of a crash.
- Held in place with a large top-plate.
- High-quality lightweight bearings with orange seals throughout, making the drive train very efficient and allowing it to run very smoothly.
190mm 1/10th Scale
190mm Competition touring car
2mm carbon fiber, CNC machined
Front C-Hub suspension system
Super-Short RCM shock
4wd through 2 Kevlar reinforced timing belts
Front spool with blades
Rear gear- differential with composite gears
Full color instruction manual, reference guide
Needed to Complete:
- 2 Channel Radio
- Electric Speed Control
- 190mm Body
- Tires & CA Glue
- Motor Pinion
- Lipo Battery
This product was added to our catalog on June 6, 2019