This is the Serpent S411 1/10 Scale Ready-To-Run Electric Touring Car, with an included 2.4GHz Radio System. The Serpent S411 ready-to-race offers a complete package to enjoy running anywhere outdoors on even surfaces, parking lots or even join any indoor or outdoor race.
Based on the successful 411 race cars, this 190mm Serpent touring car is factory assembled and includes a painted body, race tires and wheels, a Dragon-RC 9T brushless motor and a Dragon-RC 35Amp ESC. This full package is a great start for anyone to get racing in the electric touring car category or just race anywhere for fun.
- Chassis: This super narrow, symmetrical, durable black glass-fiber chassis plate features an optimized flex design, countersunk holes, central section holes all perfectly in center and pockets for the gear differential, spool and spur.
- Top Deck: Durable black glass-fiber top deck with optimized flex design.
- Battery-Mount Brackets and LiPo-Holders: Easy to use nylon batter tape holder, which allow the battery tape to run over instead of under the chassis. The holders can be reversed for other battery position. The LiPo holders will securely keep the LiPo in place, also during hard impacts.
- Servo-Mount: The servo is mounted on a separate plate, so flex is less influenced.
- Front Shock Tower: Black glass fiber shock tower with 3 upper shock mounting holes to choose from. Holes for an extra central body post are made as well.
- Front Bracket: Machined aluminum front brackets, with belt tension adjusting through excenters. Suspension brackets in durable nylon.
- Front Suspension: Durable lower front wishbones connected to the inner brackets with strong steel pivot pins. An anti-roll bar system can be mounted optionally.
- C-Hub / Steering Block: The c-hub type front system creates a super precise steering feeling with great feedback, and strong wheel guidance without chatter.
- Rear Shock Tower: Black glass fiber shock tower with 4 upper shock mounting holes to choose from. The rear body posts are mounted to the top of the rear shock tower.
- Rear Bracket: Machined aluminum rear brackets, with belt tension adjusting through excenters. Suspension brackets in durable nylon with 3.0 RR and split type 0.0 blocks RR FR
- Rear Suspension: Durable lower rear wishbones connected to the inner brackets with strong steel pivot pins. An anti-roll bar system can be mounted as optional.
- Rear Upright: Strong rear uprights with 2 upper positions, for perfect guidance of the rear wheels.
- Motor Mount: Machined aluminum motor mount and middle shaft support.
- Middle Shaft: Ball raced middle shaft with 2 small pulleys and the main Serpent spur gear.
- Bumper: Large foam front bumper captured by an upper and lower nylon bumper
- Body Mount: Front body mount is mounted through the front bumper, and the rear ones are seated on the shock tower. Multiple body position holes to choose from.
- Gear-Differential: Very compact ball raced gear differential in the rear, with steel gears and axles for durability and super smooth operation.
- Spool: Front nylon lightweight spool with screw mounted front gear pulley
- Transmission / Belts / Pulley: Smooth low friction fine pitch belts combined with optimized nylon pulley’s
- Driveshaft / Wheel Hex / Wheel Axle: Steel driveshafts, combined with ball raced wheel axles and nylon wheel-hex adapters.
- Steering System: Steering system with optimized ackermann for neutral steering-feeling.
- Shock Absorbers: Latest type RCM competition shock absorbers with membranes and checked color coded race springs.
- Ball-Bearings: Fully ball raced with oiled high speed sealed stainless steel bearings.
- Tires & Wheels: The 411-RTR is fitted with Dragon-RC rubber racing tires with foam inlays on Serpent TC wheels for super-grip.
- Body: The EFRA approved 1/10 scale Serpent TC body is fitted, fully pre-cut and pre-painted in a superb paint job with 4 colors.
- Manual & Decals: Full color owner’s manual with info on the car and electronics, has all exploded views for easy parts-finding and detailed list with spare parts and optional parts. Decal-sheet with Serpent and 411 logo’s are included as well.
- Packing: The 411 RTR comes in a strong carton box with full color printing.
- Optional Parts / Upgrading: The Serpent 411 Sport is based on the high end race version of the 411. All parts from the 411 race-version and also the optional parts fit the 411 Sport. This allows you to upgrade your 411 Sport to a higher level race spec vehicle. The 411 Sport parts manual shows those parts, and you can find them in the optional section of the 411 Sport as well.
Class: 1/10 Scale 190mm Electric
Wheelbase: 254mm +/- 4mm
Track-width Front: 190mm /- 6mm
Track-width Rear: 190mm /- 6mm
ESC: Dragon-RC 35Amp Controller
Motor: Dragon-RC Brushless 9 Turn, Non-sensored
Servo: Dragon-RC Digital Servo (0.13 sec - 6kg)
- S411 Touring Car
- Dragon-RC Brushless 9 Turn Motor
- Radio System (Transmitter may look different than the item shown in photos)
- Dragon-RC 35Amp ESC
- 4 Color Painted Body
- (4) "AA" Batteries
- LiPo Battery Pack
- Compatible Battery Charger
Note: The pictured transmitter may not represent the transmitter included with this vehicle. Serpent selects transmitters based on availability at the time of packaging.
This product was added to our catalog on December 11, 2012
1. There is silicone based lubricant spewing from all corners of the car, inner body, spools, diff casing........etc. After your first run, the car was a nightmare to clean as dust and pebbles stuck to the chassis and surrounding parts like glue, and this was after cleaning off as much lubricant as possible.
2. Rear pulley spacers were both slack. The smooth functioning of these pullies and spacers is extremely important as both shorter and longer drive belts hook up to it which in turn drive the spur gear. Therefore if there is play on either side, it causes vibration to the spur gear which translates to vibration to the drive system. The end result was damaged spur gear teeth, pulley teeth and a shredded short drive belt running from the rear diff to the pulley.
3. The plastics mounted to the kit are extremely soft! You have to be careful not to ring out when tightening grub screws, hex screws. With the slightest bit of torque I was able to ring out both servo mounts.
4. Hex screws are equally brittle
5. My biggest beef is that of the ball joint linkages that give you your caster adjustment. They affix themselves to the uprights that house your bearings, c-hubs etc. This came loose just from running in my yard, 1/4 throttle, no accidents, again it might have not been properly tightened.
Im no ranter........... this rtr is very poorly assembled, it makes no sense at all to put a product up on the market as a ready to race version and the user has to run through the car piece by piece to find the loose ends and damaged parts as a result of the poor assembly and inferior plastics used. If I were a child, this car would be in pieces by now as its not a car you can put on the ground and go! It has to be carefully inspected.
Buy this rtr at your own risk, I have its bigger brother serpent cobra gte 1/8th scale.............ZERO problems. None. Well built, zero issues. If you must buy, buy the ERYX KIT.
I just wish it would have come with a sticker sheet... ...because yeah... i buy stuff for the stickers!
There are hop ups availables from Eryx 3.0 and options to different set-ups.
Competition shock absorbers.
The electronics are enough for you have fun in a rc track.
Semi pro rc car for a great price.