The Serpent Cobra GTe 3.1 1/8th Electric On Road Sedan Kit is a redesigned electric platform specifically designed for the 1/8th “GT” category.
The car is based off the high level of performance experienced in the SRX8-GT and proven durability of the SRX8 line of cars. With Balance and speed in mind, Serpent opted for the saddle layout, which opened up many additional advantages in the design and performance on the track. Additionally speaking, the SRX8-GTe benefits from a vast assortment of high performance options already available for SRX8 line of vehicles. The SRX8-GTe was a collaborated effort of many individuals dedicated to the Serpent Brand. Working tirelessly on new concepts, suspension geometry, product assembly and durability, Serpent's team was able to create an absolute monster of a product.
NOTE: Electronics, painted body, wheels and tires shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Adjustable toe-in, anti-squat, kick angle and roll center height for optimizing of performance
- 7075-T6 Aluminum brackets, bulkheads, SRX8-E Center diff mount, motor mount, motor mount slide and suspension brackets
- Black anodized aluminum parts with silver chamfered edges give the completed kit a sharp, clean appearance
- 4 adjustable diff positions with easy access differentials will allow the racer to fine tune the race car from the lowest grip, all the way to the highest grip conditions.
- Super light weight spool adapts the SRX8-E’s 44 tooth Module 1 spur gear, so it will accept all popular brands of pinion gears.
- Flat steering system lowers CG of the bulkheads and further enhance this cars ability to corner with less body roll.
- Steering servo is mounted to a 1 piece servo mount made from 7075-t6 aluminum.
- SRX8-GTe utilizes a top deck that is mounted directly to the center bulkhead as well as the rear bulkheads, providing controllable twist for more cornering force, while still having the front to back stiffness.
- Equipped with holes pre drilled into the chassis for optional weights (Sold separately).
- Front and rear gear differentials are fully sealed, adjustable and light weight.
- Ring gear is 44t, while the pinion is 13t, giving you the optimal gearing for the GT class.
- Internal Ratio of the differential is 2:1 which is industry standard.
- Refined suspension geometry for maximum cornering
- Shock towers have all been optimized to give you the proper up and down travel
- Front and rear suspension arms, both feature arm plates that can be added, removed or swapped out for Carbon fiber.
- Rear uprights come fully machined from 7075-T6 aluminum, anodized black with silver chamfered edges with rubber CVD boots to keep the grease contained.
- Roll center can be adjusted in 4 positions for the short arm and 4 positions in the long arm.
- Caster blocks are fully machined from black anodized 7075-T6 aluminum with chamfered silver edges.
- Front steering spindle made from 7075-T6 anodized black aluminum with silver chamfered edged.
- Steering spindle also accepts 5 different Ackermann plates
- 16mm threaded shocks with O-ring seals
- Fully adjustable front and rear body mounts, and platforms.
- Extra-long body posts allow them to be cut and customized to the desired height
- Over-sized large foam bumper included with kit
- Radio and receiver
- 1/8 scale electric motor
- 1/8 scale speed controller
- (2) 2S Lipo battery packs
- 1/8 GT wheels and tires
- Body and wing
- Paint for body
This product was added to our catalog on November 11, 2019