SchuurSpeed Extreme SPEC V3 17.5T Brushless Motor
This is a SchuurSpeed Extreme SPEC V3 17.5 Turn Brushless Motor. The next generation of SPEC 17.5T motors are here... with the Version 3 SchuurSpeed. Featuring a completely updated design - with the exception of the screws and outer gun metal colored aluminum - the V3 motors incorporate a redesigned stator, rotor and sensor for the best performance possible. Additionally, V3 parts can be used with previous SchuurSpeed motors to ensure you stay up-to-speed with your older motor design. The motors have received great feedback from team drivers and pre-production participants.SchuurSpeed Extreme SPEC motors feature an innovative can design with large vent holes that allow the motor to be pushed hard and operate at temperatures below that of other motors, while at the same time makes them incredibly light weight. Extreme SPEC motors are not only one of the lightest 540 motors you can buy, they are also one of the most powerfull spec class motors on the market! When combined with the latest ESC's you can easily optimize the power delivery to suit your individual needs. Other features include fully adjustable timing from 0 to 40°, an included ribbon style sensor cable, high quality bearings and a balanced high torque 12.5mm sintered neodymium rotor. If you race blinky or spec 17.5 this motor is a must have!
Extreme SPEC V3 Features:
- V3 parts backwards compatible with older versions
- Engineered and designed in Southern California to EFRA, IFMAR and ROAR specifications
- Completely rebuildable; all spare parts are available separately
- Can venting allows efficient airflow through motor providing reduced operating temperatures improving speed and run time
- High Torque 12.5mm Sintered Neodymium Rotor (12.5 x 25.2mm) standard
- Latest technology in Sensors incorporated
- Very light weight design (as much as 16g lighter)
- High quality ball bearings for improved RPM
- Ribbon style sensor cable included
- Efficient and improved airflow
This product was added to our catalog on July 11, 2012.
The bad: After only 6 packs at 30 degrees of timing on the motor, on my second lap the motor puffed out in a big ball of smoke locking the motor. All connectors to the motor and speedo where not bridged and the track I race is vacuumed and cleaned regularly and after further inspection of the motor nothing was sucked into the motor.
I'm willing to bolt another SchuurSpeed into my car and try one more time if I can get this replaced under warranty as I will not purchase another one unless my warranty replacement shows better durability results. I will post another review once I get feedback from A MAIN or Ron Schuur himself.)