The Nova Slipper Clutch is the ultimate 3-plate clutch that has better driving feel, lasts longer, and has a lower rotating inertia compared to kit slipper clutches from the major manufacturers. Weight is 12.0 grams for the entire Nova Slipper Clutch assembly.
Schelle Chief Engineer Kurt Wenger created a 3-plate design which solves all of the problems racers are having with kit slipper clutches that degrade and lock-up. In addition, it is smaller and weighs less making it the ideal slipper clutch for stock racers. The Nova Slipper Clutch has 20% more torque capacity in a compact package that helps you put more power to the ground and lasts longer between rebuilds.
The other benefit of the Nova over other brands is that Nova sets include 2 slipper pads of each material they offer and a tuning guide to help racers learn how to tune the clutch for different conditions from slick to astro-turf. The Nova fits the entire range of Nova spur gears 69 through 81 (motor mount limits certain options) and also the Lockout option.
- Small 3-plate compact design ideal for racing. 12 g total weight for fastest possible "spool up". New plates for 4mm slipper flats.
- Special blend Nova Spur Gears, strong, true round, and quiet running.
- Approximately 20% more torque capacity than a standard slipper clutch.
- Smooth power delivery.
- Lasts longer, change your slipper pads less frequently.
- 3 identical drive plates for easy assembly and maintenance. Nova Centric Drive Plates now included.
- 4 slipper pads included with Tuning Guide.
This product was added to our catalog on August 8, 2018