Scale By Chris Toyota SR5 Grill (Pro-Line SR5)
The Scale By Chris Toyota SR5 Grill is a 3D printed miniaturized replica that adds that perfect finishing touch to your Pro-Line SR5 body. This grill features hand painted silver light buckets, drilled for 5mm led lights. This grill measures approximately 163x26.5mm and can be secured using a rubberized glue, or zip ties. Installation requires you cut an approximate 152.5x20.5mm hole in the front of your grill. See instructions below for details.
Precision printed at .2mm layer thickness with 20% infill, Scale by Chris scale accessories are designed, printed and hand detailed in house. Printed in small batches, nothing with the SBC name is ever outsourced, meaning Chris puts his hands on every part before it goes out the door. All this effort is done to create a higher quality finished product, with the details you need to take your build to the next level.
NOTE: As is the case with most 3D printed items, some light finish work may be needed to remove excess material. Simply use a sharp hobby knife to carefully remove small strings and straggler layer lines as needed.
- Cut out the existing lexan grill from the body, being careful not to cut through the headlight lens area. You will need these pieces to make templates for the light bucket lenses.
- Take your time when cutting the space for the grill. Cut the hole slightly smaller than the approximate 152.5x20.5mm space that is required.
- Lay low tack masking tape in straight lines around the 152.5x20.5mm space you are going to remove. These will be used as guide lines for your cuts.
- Using a dremel with sanding drum, slowly remove the last of the material until you reach your tape guide lines. Test fit the grill numerous times during this process, removing small amounts of material. Fit the grill and repeat as needed until the grill is centered and the fit is tight.
- Use shoe goo or similar adhesive to secure the grill in place.
- Use the lexan pieces removed from the stock grill to make your templates. Cut and fit the stock pieces into the SBC grill. Once you are happy with the fit, use clear flat lexan sheet material or any other flat, clear plastic material (like what is used in toy packaging or similar), and use the templates you made to cut out your lenses from the clear material.
- Once you are happy with the fit, use an adhesive to secure the lenses to the grill. Silicone is recommended for this. Some adhesives like crazy glue or shoe goo could make the clear plastic look foggy.
- Install your 5mm LED lights using shoe goo or similar adhesive to hold secure.
This product was added to our catalog on December 21, 2016.