This is the Savox SB-2230SG "Monster Torque" Tall Brushless Steel Gear Digital Servo.
- Combines leading edge technology with super high 12 bit (4096) resolution and unique steel gears.
- Ideal for use in Giant airplanes.
- Brushless motor provides longer life and cooler operating temps.
- Extremely strong unique steel gears ensure long-life and durability.
- The full aluminum case design not only looks good but also allows for cooler and smoother operating temps.
- Our servos are totally green – from materials to production, these servos are environmentally friendly.
- Ideal for giant scale aircraft, monster truck, 1/8 scale.
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .16
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 499.9
Speed(@7.4V sec/60): .13
Torque(@7.4V oz-in): 583.3
Gear: Unique Steel
Case: Full Aluminum
Spline: 25 Tooth
This product was added to our catalog on July 3, 2013
Pros: quite powerful, actually as far as I know there is no more powerful 8.4v servo than this in the market.
I connected it to 9V and it is working good.
Servo gets pretty hot under continuous load. Not sure if the torque drops though.
It does not have standard 25T servo horn and you need to buy is separately.
When installed on the traxxass xmax, its servo control has steady state error (it does not exactly go where ever you commanded).
The bolts provided with the servo are low quality.