The Goblin Black Thunder "T Line" features improved construction on critical components such as the "T Line" Main Blades, Main Frames, Canopy, & Boom. While these features may seem miniscule to some, the performance increase offered is what continues to ensure the Black Thunder is unique within it's class, and offer a wide variety of set ups to suit every pilots needs. The Black Thunder "T Line" now is able to be built at under 5.3 pounds airframe, offering improved flight dynamics thanks to the lower overall mass of the helicopter. Lastly, the high visibility Red & Black graphic scheme will set your model apart from it's background, offering unparalleled visual aid in flight, and building confidence within the pilot with each and every flight.
Black Thunder Features At A Glance:
- Matte Black Rotor Head
- SAB "T Line" High Module Carbon Main and Tail Blades
- Extreme Lightweight Carbon Fiber Canopy
- Extreme Lightweight Carbon Fiber Tailboo
- 1.5mm Main Frames w/High Module Carbon construction
- Single Piece Tail Fin
- CNC Main Gear
- Large Room for Various ESC Set Ups
- Updated dampened tail rotor system, slop free, very durable
- Quick canopy release, allows for easy installation and removal of the canopy
- Canopy saver, protects the canopy edges from scuffing
- Modular Power System – Simple, Elegant, Beautiful: With the removal of a small handful of bolts, the entire power system will arise from the Goblin – cyclic servos, engine, rotor system, main gear system – allowing this helicopter to be adjusted and repaired with great ease.
- Dual Belt Driven Performance – Simple, Robust, Light Weight: By utilizing a belt driven main motor, immense power can be transferred without the fear of gear failure. Belt driven systems are amazingly efficient, incredibly durable, and best of all, belt drive systems are ethereally light in weight, cutting out the complexity, noise and added weight of a torque tube drive system.
- Aerodynamic Boom Shroud – Form & Function in One Beautiful Package: Italian designing takes one step further, coalescing the aerodynamic canopy with a near seamless transition to a carbon fiber tail boom covering. This aerodynamic shroud brings a unique beauty to the SAB Goblin, serving as an aerodynamic element that allows the Goblin to traverse the skies at mach speeds. Speed and power has never looked so good.
- CNC Aluminum Flybarless Main Rotor System – Nothing but the Best: Taking full advantage of flybarless technology, the SAB Black Thunder is offered in a flybarless kit only, utilizing a bearing raced blade grip control system for the absolute in precision & control. Nothing was held back throughout this build, and you can expect nothing less when the Goblin takes flight.
- Light Weight Build – Power that can be Used Like No Other: By building the SAB Goblin with a keen eye on weight, SAB engineers were able to shave critical weight by utilizing carbon fiber materials & a dual belt driven gear system, which brings the Goblin to new worlds of power & performance.
- Patented Carbon Fiber Tail Boom – Strong, Light & Vibration Free: Reinforced with CNC aluminum for the utmost in strength, the patented carbon fiber tail system eliminates vibrations, allowing maximum rotor speeds to be achieved without the fear of vibration.
Main rotor diameter: 1568mm w/690mm blades
Main blade length: 690mm
Main shaft diameter: 12mm
Tail shaft diameter: 6mm
Spindle diameter: 10mm
- (1) SAB Goblin Black Thunder – Kit Only
- (1) SAB T Line 690mm Carbon Fiber Main Rotor Blade Set
- (1) SAB Carbon Fiber Tail Rotor Set
Needed To Complete:
- 2.4GHz Transmitter & Receiver (7-channel or more, helicopter system)
- Electric Motor 4035 - 4525 500-560kV
- (3) Cyclic Servos (Standard Size, 40mm; High Torque Recommended)
- (1) Tail Rotor Servo (Standard Size, 40mm)
- 12s 4000 - 5000mAh LiPo Batteries
- 3-Axis Flybarless System
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Pitch Gauge
- Various tools, lubes & greases for setup and assembly
This product was added to our catalog on March 24, 2017