SAB Goblin 500 Sport Flybarless Electric Helicopter Kit
SAB's Goblin 500 Sport takes the success of the original Goblin 500 Sport to a whole new ball park by offering an incredibly affordable price. This particular 500 Sport (With the bold Black and Yellow paint scheme) follows the latest "Sport" naming convention from SAB by including an affordable canopy, boom, and removing blades from the kit packaging.
Performance is still the same as the higher end 500 Sport Models thanks to the next level design concepts which have reduced weight overall and allowing the use of standard size servos. Additionally, with updates that include improvements to the frame, swashplate and damper, the 500 Sport is now more similar to other models in the Goblin line.
SAB's Goblin 500 Sport uses 85% of parts from the old Goblin 500. In fact the there are only seven parts that are unique to the 500 sport! By changing the design to include Goblin 380 features, as well as replacing some parts to reduce weight, and improving weak points of the existing ones, the Goblin 500 Sport is a great option for pilots of all levels. By taking advantage of Goblin 500 industrialization, the price has been reduced as well!
- Swash Plate Set V2 - SABH0477-S: This swash plate Set has an updated design, which can pop out the main blade link rods in a crash easier than the old version, which may save your servo (and its gears).
- CNC Delrin Main Gear - SABH0423-S: CNC delrin main gear is stronger and smoother
- Fiberglass Canopy
- Lower Cost Carbon Fiber Boom
- G10 Main Frame - Performance on a Budget
- Improved swashplate and damper
- Blend of V1 500 and 380 features
Main Rotor Diameter: 1136mm (w/500mm blades)
Suggested Main Blade Length: 500mm
Tail Rotor Diameter: 226mm
Suggested Tail Blade Length: 80mm
Main Shaft Diameter: 10mm
Tail Shaft Diameter: 5mm
Spindle Shaft Diameter: 8mm
Gear Ratios: 6.9-11 : 1
Weight included electronics: 1850g (excluding flight battery)
Cyclic Servos: Standard 40mm Size
Tail Servos: Standard Size (40mm)
Typical ESC: 100A
Motor Dimensions: Max Diameter: 52mm, Max Height: 58mm
Battery Compartment: 50x54x180mm
Needed To Complete:
- (1) 7+ Channel Radio System
- (3) Cyclic Servos (mini or standard)
- (1) Tail Servo
- (1) Brushless Motor
- (1) Brushless ESC (80/100A)
- (1) 6S LiPo Battery Pack, 2800-4500mAh
- (1) Flybarless Gyro
- (1) LiPo Battery Charger
- (1) 500mm Main Blade Set
- (1) 80mm Tail Blade Set
This product was added to our catalog on February 13, 2018.
- Great build quality, the G10 frame feels real sturdy and looks great in flat black.
- build wasnít too difficult, make sure to be gentle when screweing down the tail rod guide, it can crack the boom if you tighten too much!
- using an AR7210BX, the Maiden went great and it flew just like any other goblin.
- make sure to check all belts after the first flight, Iím newer to SAB helis and this thing is completely different from what I am used to flying (Oxy, Align, Blade, Synergy).
- Boom and canopy are fragile, be very careful when bolting things on them.
- more complicated drive train, more failure points
- motor shaft is very close to the lipo, need to use a Dremel to cut it down)