This is a black RPM Gear Cover, and is intended for use with Traxxas Rustler, Stampede, Bandit and Slash 1/10 scale vehicles. The most recent electric versions of the Rustler, Stampede, Bandit and Slash have several new features that caused interference issues with the original RPM molded gear cover for the Stampede & Rustler. RPM has expanded the area of the gear cover over the motor shaft to compensate for the longer motor shaft of the XL-5 & VXL motors. RPM also narrowed two areas along the perimeter of the gear cover to allow clearance for the rear bumper / wheelie bar mount as well. These changes now allow this gear cover to fit all versions of these awesome vehicles.
Not only do they look great, they will protect those expensive gears like nothing else available! RPM's new gear cover will pay for itself the very first time you run through the dirt and nothing enters your gear case. No more blown gears from rocks and debris!
- An oversized access hole and soft plug for easy access to the slipper clutch nut while still maintaining an unmatched seal of the gear mesh area. Our plug stays in place yet is easy to remove and install.
- Completely sealed. Stock gear covers have a large, open gap between the spur gear and the out-drive that allows gear destroying dirt to enter.
- Sleek contours that would look great on any vehicle.
- More clearance for larger pinions for owners hungry for speed.
- Retains all stock geometry for easy bolt up; no cutting or gluing required.
This product was added to our catalog on August 12, 2009.