RPM Steering Knuckles w/Oversize Ball Bearings (Purple) (2)
This is a set of optional RPM Steering Knuckles, with included Oversize 15mm Ball Bearings, and are intended for use with the Traxxas T-Maxx 1.5, 2.5 and E-Maxx monster trucks, as well as the Associated Monster GT. Stock bearings and axle carriers aren’t quite strong enough to handle the punishment monster truck owners dish out. In addition, more strength is needed at the axle carrier when offset wheels are used or when aluminum accessories and oversized wheels & tires add more weight and stress to the driveline. Once again, RPM steps in where no one else has! RPM has completely redesigned the axle carriers for the maximum amount of strength and durability and included some seriously beefy 15mm bearings to top it all off!
RPM axle carriers are sold in pairs. One truck will need two pairs to cover all four corners of a T/E-Maxx truck for complete, RPM bulletproof protection. RPM replacement oversized bearings are sold in sets of four bearings per package.
Axle Carrier Features:
- Stock replacement – no modifications necessary for RPM carriers to fit.
- Larger bearing bores that accept RPM Oversized 15mm bearings.
- Includes four RPM 15mm bearings in the kit – nothing more to buy.
- Beefier, thicker walls and ribs for the ultimate in crash protection.
- Double-ribbed steering arm / toe link arm for undeniably stronger and more rigid steering control and toe angle stability.
- Stepped front surface to prevent plastic wheels from hitting the axle carrier under high cornering & jumping loads.
- Molded from RPM's bulletproof and lifetime guaranteed blend of nylons for unsurpassed breakage protection.
- A full 15mm. in diameter – that’s 3mm larger than stock!
- 1mm wider than stock bearings, with 2 bearings per axle, that’s an extra 2mm per axle of contact with the axle shaft for smoother, longer-running performance.
- 100% Stainless steel construction for rust free dependability and its longer-wearing characteristics versus chrome steel bearings.
- RPM Bearings have friction-free blue nylon seals for the ultimate in dirt protection and can easily be cleaned using the RPM Bearing Blaster (#81170).
- Actual bearing ball diameters are a full 33% larger than stock.
- RPM oversized bearings have more than twice the load rating of stock chrome steel bearings and have over three times the fatigue life of stock as well!
- Prelubed with lightweight oil for efficient & minimal rolling resistance.
Associated MGT owners: Associated MGT owners can benefit from using RPM Steering Knuckles / Axle Carriers by combining these axle carriers with the RPM80010 Pillow Ball Setscrews & Bushing Caps. This package comes with spacers that prevent the bearings from binding on the MGT.
NOTE: These Axle Carriers will not fit T-Maxx 2.5R, T-Maxx 3.3 & E-Maxx 16.8 trucks.
This product was added to our catalog on October 14, 2009.