REDS Racing R7 Evoke 4.0 .21 7-Port Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine w/HCX (Turbo Plug)
This is the REDS R7 Evoke 4.0 .21 7-Port Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine. REDS Racing has created the R7 Evoke V4.0 engine following the philosophy of product innovation, high quality and reliability. Everything that makes the Evoke unique today is an extraordinary step forward. The engine has been redesigned internally for an improved fuel consumption and bottom torque. RED's worked on areas such as sleeve, piston, combustion chamber and crankshaft. The engine has been designed specifically for indoor and/or low grip tracks.
"The R7 suits me as it has the smoothest power and the most amount of feel, it also has great top end. The R7 produces great drivability along with great fuel mileage. The R7 is the best engine I have ever driven. The HCX carburettor allow for easy and consistent tuning and has brought me great success." -Elliott Boots
- HCX Carburetor
- GEN2 venturi
- Anti-Dirt Sealing System
- Diamond Hard Coated Backplate
- Balanced Crankshaft
- Handmade, Tuned & Assembled
- Long Stroke
- Mario Rossi Tuning
- Updated Cooling Head Design
ADVANCED CARB SYSTEM
The revolutionary carb features a differently positioned top end needle, rather than a conventional carburetor pointing diagonally upwards. The REDS HCX is horizontally positioned lower down making REDS the only company with this set-up: greater idle stability; more precise tuning; easier access to high speed needle; higher mid/top range power.
The REDS Horizontal carburetor has been provided with a revolutionary off-set GEN 2 venturi to assure improved fuel mileage and higher torque. The REDS HCX carburetor provides more efficient fluid dynamics for an even greater tuning stability.
- ANTI-DIRT SEALING SYSTEM: The cooling head anti-dirt sealing system keeps the engine clean in a critical area between the cooling head and crankcase. The redesigned crankcase provides easier maintenance and a cleaner engine for longer life.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & LOW GRAVITY CENTER: REDS designed the REDS Factory Tuned line to be not only more powerful and reliable but lighter and with lower gravity center than ever before. To do that, we couldn’t just shave a millimeter here, a gram there. So we started from scratch, redesigning each essential part like crankcase, cooling head, combustion chamber and Black Diamond coated backplate.
- HANDMADE, TUNED AND ASSEMBLED: The engine is hand-tuned with a silicone-filled, balanced and tuned crankshaft by M. Rossi. Every single engine is hand inspected and compression checked inside REDS Racing headquarters by Mario and Marco Rossi to achieve the highest quality standards. This is core to the values that makes the V4.0 different from any other engine brand on the market.
- LONG STROKE: The Tuned crankshaft features an improved aerodynamic design in order to increase horsepower and inertia to rotation. Crankshaft durability has been improved thanks to our special carbon steel and high technology coatings. It is also balanced with two high-density counterweights and our special silicone filling reduces the inertia to rotation.
- DIAMOND BACKPLATE: The Diamond backplate is refined with a special anti-friction hard coating RDC. This coating allows decreased conrod-backplate friction improving engine efficiency and performance.
- 7 PORTS & BOOSTERS: The sleeve with 7 inlet ports and exhaust port with boosters guarantees low fuel consumption and smooth power delivery. Flat piston, made from a high strength aluminum bar, is a true masterpiece of engineering.
- HIGH QUALITY BEARINGS: The high sealing and high reliability made in Japan front ball bearing ensures high idle stability. The steel-ceramic hybrid Swiss Made rear bearing ensures longer life and low friction at high temperatures.
Category: 1/8 Buggy
Displacement [cm^3]: 3.5
Bore [mm]: 16.2
Stroke [mm]: 16.9
Inlet ports: 7
Outlet ports: 1 + 2 boosters
Front ball bearing dimension DixDexS [mm]: 7x19x6
Front ball bearing features: rubber seal made in Japan
Rear ball bearing dimension DixDexS [mm]: 14x25.4x6
Rear ball bearing features: Swiss made ceramic
Carburetor diameter [mm]: 6.5 (6.0 and 7.0 optional)
Carburetor: HCX Long needle
Weight [g]: 348
Cylinder system: ABC
Exhaust type: rear
Recommended Glow plug: REDS T5C
Recommended pipe: REDS 2143 + S
Recommended fuel: 25-30% nitro, 8-10% oil
Break-in fuel: 12% oil
This product was added to our catalog on June 1, 2016.