REDS R5T TE .21 5-Port "Team Edition 2" Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug)
This is the REDS Engines R5T TE .21 5-Port "Team Edition 2" Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine. The R5T TE guarantees performance with its combination of light weight and incredible power delivery. Thanks to the the unique long needle composite carburetor, silicone ramped/tungsten slugged crankshaft, Swiss bearings and ABC piston/sleeve configuration the R5 is powerful, easy to tune and reliable.
This engine is based of the R5T engine and features the same 5-port sleeve with two exhaust boost ports, a Mario Rossi tuned/balanced crankshaft and the same cross drilled cooling head. Additionally, a Swiss ceramic rear bearing and a DRC coated back plate have been added to help reduce friction. But what makes this engine truly different is the engine has not only been assembled by Mr. Rossi, each individual part has been hand selected and matched by Mario to deliver a true "Team Grade" engine to the general public! A "Quality Control Certificate" is included showing that the engine has been checked by Mario, so you know you are getting a high quality mill. The R5T Team Edition is only available in limited numbers and is highly recommended when you want smooth power delivery and great run time, combined with the precision that can only come from the hands of a master.
- Balanced Crankshaft: The crank features two high density slugs to help improve the balance of the crank, and the silicone intake ramp helps reduce the rotating mass. Using special steel and heat treatment the crank is strong and reliable.
- 5-Port Sleeve with Boost Ports: The 5-port sleeve has been modified with two additional exhaust booster ports to provide improved power throughout the entire RPM range, while at the same time helping to minimize fuel consumption.
- High Performance Ceramic Rear Bearing: The engine includes Swiss Made ball bearings. The high quality ceramic rear bearing provides long life and reduced friction.
- DRC Coated Back Plate: The R5C back plate is finished with a special hard anti-friction DRC coating. This treatment reduces friction at the rod-cap, helping to improve efficiency and overall performance of the engine.
- Carburetor: The R5T is equipped with the "Extra Long" idle needle, which improves fuel economy and guarantees a linear power output. This makes the engine very driveable and easy to handle on all terrain. The composite technology provides incredible carburetor stability.
- Lightweight: At 348 grams the REDS R5T is one of the lightest engines in its class. The engine has been designed to be light weight, while maintaining high performance and reliability.
- Cooling System: The engine is designed for maximum cooling with an ultra-finned crankcase and a cooled combustion chamber.
- Flat Piston: REDS buggy engines use flat pistons matched to a specific combustion chamber for high performance and low fuel consumption. Made from a high strength aluminium bar, this piston is a true masterpiece of engineering.
- Ultra-Light Rod: Lightweight, durable and reliable, this is a quality connecting rod. The slim shape is designed to minimize aerodynamic friction. The double bushing technology ensures high reliability.
- Lightweight, only 348g
- 5 Ports + Booster hard chromed liner
- 14mm silicone ramped and tungsten balanced crankshaft
- CNC machined billet piston
- Separated and cooled combustion chamber
- Team Edition 2 Lightweight cross drilled cooling head
- Lower profile for a lower CG
- Increased cross drilling for improved cooling and reduced weight
- Design provides a unique appearance to stand out from the rest of the REDS line
- Knife edged aerodynamic connecting rod
- Swiss made ceramic bearing
- Long needle composite slide carburetor
- Includes T5C glow plug
- Includes 6mm and 7mm red anodized venturi's
Front Bearing: 7x19x6 Steel
Rear Bearing: 14x25.4x6 Ceramic
Recommended Pipe: EFRA 2034, 2069
This product was added to our catalog on March 14, 2013.